YOU KNOW YOU ARE A PELLET PIG WHEN:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know your a realy pellet pig "woman" - when I called my husband at work, just after getting off the phone with 2 places that did have pellets, told him that I'm running out in the truck NOW to get them all - while he's a work; and when he got home I had them all unloaded into the basement (all 67 bags that could be had) before it started to rain! :kiss:

You know you are a pellet pig when:

You open your cellphone and the wallpaper is a picture of your
stove instead of your kids :lol:

muss said:
When you keep 5 tons of shi@#$ pellets cause you want to stay top Pellet Pig in the neighborhood :red: Muss

That's a good one, Muss :lol:

You know your a realy pellet pig “woman” - when I called my husband at work, just after getting off the phone with 2 places that did have pellets, told him that I’m running out in the truck NOW to get them all - while he’s a work; and when he got home I had them all unloaded into the basement (all 67 bags that could be had) before it started to rain!

You go Girl!!

When you bore your coworkers to tears talking about your pellet find and feel really good about it.
When you keep track of how many bags you have burned thus far
When you hear someone in line at HD talking to the HD rep about the pellets in stock, and when they walk off to think it over say "I'll take that last pallet of pellets" make your purchase, slink off before they come back and then feel good about yourself.

We need more input on this. Very funny, get your creative, funny juices flowing.

You've changed your avatar to a pig and not a popcorn eating cat.

You know you're a pellet pig when your dogs eat your pellets and you screen their poo to get them back ;)

kenzmadie said:
You know you're a pellet pig when your dogs eat your pellets and you screen their poo to get them back ;)

OMG!! :lol:

tinkabranc said:
You know you are a pellet pig when:

You open your cellphone and the wallpaper is a picture of your
stove instead of your kids :lol:

Good One!

kenzmadie said:

This is why I refuse to join, I have trained my dog better than that.

you see a flat bed 18 wheeler driving near your home, with what LOOKS to be pellets on the back, and you follow him!

you know your a pellet pig when you replace your nice comfy pillow with a 40lb bag of premium pellets.

You know your a pellet pig when you find your self stacking the bags in the shape of WWII bunkers around your home.

You know you are a pellet pig when you put a motion sensor in the same
room with the pellets to deter your kids from playing in the area

When you move furniture out of the living room to make room for pellets...because the sheds all leak "a little".

coffee said:
I called my husband at work, just after getting off the phone with 2 places that did have pellets, told him that I'm running out in the truck NOW to get them all - while he's a work; and when he got home I had them all unloaded into the basement (all 67 bags that could be had) before it started to rain! :kiss:

YOU ROCK!
:coolsmile:

You're constantly comparing pellet prices with heating oil, natural gas, or lp to see if your actually saving any $$$ with your rabbit food . . . oops I mean pellets.

Your power goes out and you have no heat.

Your wife stares longingly out the window at the neighbor splitting firewood.

:coolsmirk:

When you calculate the amount of pellets you need to heat your house by the amount of btus or gallons of fuel [ you used last year] and think you have enough pellets , but before the end of winter you'll need 2 more tons to get you thru spring.

You have no life , because all of your free time is spent on computer [watching stove] and making sure your stove is clean and working properly.

When everybody in your house suffers from headaches ,constant nose bleeding and static electric shocks. But you don't care, you like the temperature a really dry 78 plus degrees.

Winter is not even here yet, and you already used half of your supply of pellets , but you've already figured out how much money you saved this year heating your house.

McdaMahon said:
When you calculate the amount of pellets you need to heat your house by the amount of btus or gallons of fuel [ you used last year] and think you have enough pellets , but before the end of winter you'll need 2 more tons to get you thru spring.

A minor inconvenience. Changes in the weather of late make it difficult to predict what next month will bring. Choices for heat can prevent freezing to death.

McdaMahon said:

You have no life , because all of your free time is spent on computer [watching stove] and making sure your stove is clean and working properly.

Beats watching the checkbook or "Dancing With the Stars".

McdaMahon said:

When everybody in your house suffers from headaches ,constant nose bleeding and static electric shocks. But you don't care, you like the temperature a really dry 78 plus degrees.

Nope, sorry, none of that here. 68F and 53%.

McdaMahon said:

Winter is not even here yet, and you already used half of your supply of pellets , but you've already figured out how much money you saved this year heating your house.

Wrong again. Plenty of pellets, and through October and November, partially into December, the comparison to propane indicates a $600+ savings...so far...

Do you live to troll?

When you have jerry rigged a board that hooks to the top cement step of your cellar steps and sits on a square 5 gallon bucket halfway down the steps so that 3 tons of pellets can be slid down it one bag at a time keeping you from having to run up and down the steps and unloading a ton in record time. With the help of someone unloading at the top of course.

When you have mastered restacking pellet bags with speed and precision.

Status
Not open for further replies.