1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

You Know You Are A Real Wood Burner If...

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BrotherBart, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katwillny

katwillny Guest

you know you are a real wood burner if you continue to get to work late because it takes very long to drive 40 miles if you are stopping at the sight of anything that appears to be log size rounds on the side of the road. The truck of my 2009 Mitsubishi looks like a woodpecker family lives in it.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. John the Painter

John the Painter Member

Loc:
    Oyster Bed Bridge PEI Canada
    You know you're are a real wood burner when the majority of your conversations with co-workers is about ways to keep the temp. of the house up when no one is home or over night.
  3. wallpaper79

wallpaper79 Member

Loc:
    NL Canada
    When you drive along the high way admiring other guys wood piles
  4. btuser

btuser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    The island of Rhum Boogie
    Ok that's just creepy.

Its like you're in my house.
  5. waynek

waynek Member

Loc:
    Southern WI
    You know you are a woodburner if you do not brake for critters on the road, but slow down or stop to gawk at big woodpiles.
    jackpine
  6. er318

er318 Member

Loc:
    Southern Ohio
    You Know You Are A Real Wood Burner If…

You spend winter evenings in front of a warm fire...picking splinters out of your hands and fingers.
  7. ksting

ksting New Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    You know you’re a real wood burner when you look at ramdon pieces of furniture in your house and you think it would make good kindling!
  8. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    You know you’re a real wood burner when you remember certain pieces of wood,
    When you put it in the stove you recall: where you got it, how it spit, where it's been in the stack, 2 years later.
    & love to burn the ones that kicked your butt splitting them.
  9. JerseyWreckDiver

JerseyWreckDiver New Member

Loc:
    North/West New Jersey
    You know you are a real wood burner when... your dinner is warming up or being kept warm in the living room instead of the kitchen.
  10. golfandwoodnut

golfandwoodnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    When you decorate your wood pile for the Holiday.
  11. 91220da

91220da Member

Loc:
    Pocono's Pennsylvania
    When you throw the last splash of Scotch in your glass to flare the coals and kindling rather than crumple newspaper.
  12. photoboy74

photoboy74 New Member

Loc:
    Merseburg, Germany
    you know you're a real wood burner when...
    -you go hiking through the mountains with the wife and she says a how beautiful the landscape is and you reply, would be better if all of this wood was in my backyard.
    -you see a beautiful wood pile in the mountains and wonder if you can fit any of it in your backpack, at the expense of emptying everything else out.
    -you walk outside in minus zero weather to smell the smoke from the chimney.
    -smell chimney smoke before anyone else.
    -get excited when you see smoke from a lot of chimneys.

and most of all...
    you know you're a wood burner when you can't wait to teach your first unborn baby how to chop and stack, start and tend a fire, repair a stove etc, etc!!
  13. glassmanjpf

glassmanjpf Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    You call in sick because your neighbor across the street is taking down 8 nice oak trees at 12-18 inch diameter and the tree guys will be leaving it at the curb.
  14. OilNoMore

OilNoMore Member

Loc:
    Champlain Valley, NY
    -you volunteer to take town a locust tree for your neighbor because you would just feel awful if it fell and damaged their boat on the trailer...just awful
  15. THEMAN

THEMAN New Member

Loc:
    CENTRAL CA
    You know your a real wood burner when you avatar could be anything in the world but you chose a pic of your favorite wood splitting axe!
  16. THEMAN

THEMAN New Member

Loc:
    CENTRAL CA
    Guess I was a bit late in my comment. I should have read all the way through before posting haha. However +2 on the same line of thought.
  17. woodjack

woodjack Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Woodstock, NY
    You know you are a real wood burner when you anxiously reply to a post on Hearth.com - then go back and read every other post in the thread.
  18. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    When you have a 5 year supply of wood and you wonder if its enough
    When you throw out old furniture but first check underneath for unfinished wood bracing for your stove.
    When you are looking for a new house and the primary objective is No1 is there a good chimney and No 2 is there a good selection of harvestable hardwoods on the property.
  19. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    Sorry fellas THis guy beats us all

Saw a story on the green channel the other day with a guy who mounted a wood gasifying boiler on the back of his pickup truck. He then made some adjustments to get the engine to run on wood gas and piped the wood gas into his engine and drove the truck from one end of london to the other. POWERED BY A LOAD OF WOOD.
    Craziest thing i ever saw, Just kept shaking my head and laughing. NO word of how many miles per cord he was getting but i guess anything is possible. Imagine going for a load of wood in a truck powered by a load of wood.
  20. Barnbuilder

Barnbuilder New Member

Loc:
    SouthEast PA
    You know you're a real Pyro-Maniac if your friends move back their chairs when you start feeding the campfire.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.