You Know You Are A Real Wood Burner When...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when you start having withdrawal tremors if you dont get a buzz by sticking your head in the stove and taking a big hit of smoke like it was a giant bong

when you pass up dinner and a movie for your first burn in a new stove. :) I did that and I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm frigin giddy man. lol

You go to someones home for a party and instead of having polite conversation with others you spend the whole evening playing with their wood stove.

Bigg_Redd said:
. . .when you stop and snag a load of firewood left by the power company on the side of the road on the way to your wedding.
And you know she's a real wood burner when she marries you anyway. :lol:

bfunk13 said:
You know your a wood burner when you open your gas bill and its under 50 bucks!
or you don't have a gas bill to open. :)

live free and burn wood.

if we can just get rid of our property tax!

tbuff said:
You know you're a wood burner when.... You call home to check up on the wife and kids, and only ask how the is stove doin? (Ooops forgot about the wife and kids) :cheese:

guilty of that tonight lol.

You know you're a wood burner when your 9 yr old can rebuild a carbarator on a chain saw.

Riegel said:
You go to someones home for a party and instead of having polite conversation with others you spend the whole evening playing with their wood stove.

...you have friends that let you play with their wood stoves! :cheese:

Chris

8nrider said:
live free and burn wood.
how about "live to burn free wood"?

Redox said:
Riegel said:

Chris

Sure, some even encourage it! Haven't you ever cheated on your wood stove?

Riegel said:
Redox said:
Riegel said:

Chris

Sure, some even encourage it! Haven't you ever cheated on your wood stove?

I'd be afraid of the repercussions. Awwww, cmon, honey. Give Daddy some sugar.... POOF; backdraft!

Chris

cmonSTART said:
pulldownclaw said:
When you're sitting here at work freezing on a cold rainy day wishing you were at home in front of the stove with the wife and kids.

I hear that!

Agreed minus the wife part, lol.

When you pass a tree service truck on the road and see chips vs. rounds in the back and you feel what a waste that is.

When you're putting in a late night at work rebuilding a crashed server and the wife calls wondering when you'll be home and all you can say is "did you build a fire?" to which she complains of no light in the woodshed.

BTW, I got the server rebuilt by 10 PM and no, she didn't try making a fire. Got home at 11 PM and went straight out to the woodshed to split up some smaller pieces in the dark. Don't need no stinkin' light. I'm sure there must be blind wood burners too.

When you cut and stack your breakfast sausages like rounds and splits on your wood pile!

Wearing all the PPE during breakfast I hope. LOL your way too funny

When you buy one of those gag gift gallon sized coffee mugs so that you can brag that "I only got a coffee cup of creosote when I swept my chimney.".

BrotherBart said:
When you buy one of those gag gift gallon sized coffee mugs so that you can brag that "I only got a coffee cup of creosote when I swept I chimney.".
LOL
But I only got a teacup... those dainty little ones you can only lift with your pinky held high.

.... when you live in California and it is mid November and the forecast is 80 degrees, and you build a fire anyway just to see if everything you've been reading on Hearth.com really works. And then you get all excited because there is no smoke coming from the chimney.

And then you open all the doors to cool the house down before the sun gets hot.

It snows 2 feet and the only thing you clear is a path to the woodpile.

Drive through the mountains to go skiing with the family, but all you can think about is the "dead standing" pines.. right over there.

Re-stack the woodpile because your NFL team is stinking it up on the tube right now.

Maintain the saws, maul and grenades better than the wife's car.

Have a truck just for hauling wood.

Put the biggest winch you can find on your truck because there is always more wood downhill.

Run across some nice rounds by the curb and realize your are in your car and your truck is at home.

Look at a freshly split and stacked pile and say "next year".

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.