You know you are at the bottom of the scrounger food chain when

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
you put your rejects on the curb and they are still there after a month.

Attachments

• IMAGE_279.jpg
    IMAGE_279.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 788
23 degrees here this A.M. It may be gone soon!

Id like to have those two big chunks

SolarAndWood said:
you put your rejects on the curb and they are still there after a month.

Things are getting real bad in New York State! :snake:

zap

I put a window out at the curb once and it didn't move, so I put a for sale sign on it.
Everything was gone the next morning.
probably just a coincidence, but it was funny nonetheless.

weatherguy said:
Id like to have those two big chunks

There are 4 of those nasty twisted elm crotches in there. Now that I am a few years ahead, I have decided anything that stresses the frame of the splitter gets tossed.

i like finding those small loads... its quick and easy -- money in my pocket

billb3 said:
I put a window out at the curb once and it didn't move, so I put a for sale sign on it.
Everything was gone the next morning.
probably just a coincidence, but it was funny nonetheless.

We were cleaning up around the homestead after mother passed away and tried to sell a baby bed at a garage sale. No go. We just put it in the front lawn and put "Free" on it. Still sat there. So the day before trash day we put it into the trash. Yes, it was gone before the trash folks got there. You never know....

You know you are at the bottom of the scrounger food chain when....

.... the tree service promises you free wood and then you go home to find 12 yards of wood chips at the end of the driveway.

You know you're at the bottom of the scrounger food chain when...

You look at the pile of rejected wood in SolarandWood's front yard and think it looks like a good scrounge.

Wood Duck said:
You look at the pile of rejected wood in SolarandWood's front yard and think it looks like a good scrounge.

Seemed like a perfectly respectable scrounge especially for someone with a big door on their OWB. Must be the pit wood scroungers are done for the season. Before Labor Day, it didn't matter what I put out there.

post it as free on craig's list and it will be gon ein a few hours. If I leved next to you i would burn that wood (assuming it isnt infested)

maverick06 said:
post it as free on craig's list

the irony in that would be funny...hopefully the guy that I got it from and originally found on Craigslist isn't paying attention

Status
Not open for further replies.