You know you may be a true wood burner if....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You check CL every 2 1/2 minutes looking for free wood, even though your wood shed is overflowing.

Driving down the road you are jealous of other people's wood piles.

When driving down the road you just drool when you pass a lumber mill that has many huge piles of logs waiting to be cut and you think to yourself if I had that pile it would last me till retirement.

Your son"s fiancee gets you a book for Christmas....."How to be a BackYard Lumberjack" and you read it in the bathroom.
Thanks Anna! :)

if the glass on your stove is cleaner than your windows.

when your 7 year old daughter sits in front off the stove to read, and rakes the coals out and pops in a split or 2- you know your doing it right! Wants to help sweep mid-season too!Priceless

hotprinter said:
yooperdave said:
Backwoods Savage said:
I hope you are right Dave.

do you need that recipe for pocket pasties yet??? garunteed to please.

I WANT THAT RECIPE!!!

When you begin feeding your children food you have cooked in your wood burning stove that is not located in your kitchen. :coolsmile:

(I just used my "Rome's Pie Iron" today for the first time in a hot bed of coals. Filled it with pizza sauce and cheese. Disappeared before I knew it and kids were after me for another one....which I quickly burned...

Their request for 'next' time is for one made with peanut butter and chocolate....)

When you get excited about a bad storm with heavy winds coming in because you know about all the downed trees that you will be collecting around the neighborhood.

If you get your Network Administrator coming to your desk asking you why you have spent countless hours on hearth.com and it is the most visited site on the company. LOL.

When you sit outside in 60 degree temps and you are chilly and go inside to get warm by the beloved stove.......
And I agree...your moods are dependant on the load you get goin in the morning....

Status
Not open for further replies.