You know you MAY have acquired enough wood when.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodslinger

Feb 16, 2009
southern ill
your sister-in-law accuses you of being a wood hoarder. Burning wood is a lifetstyle so I don't expect everyone to understand the gut feeling of gathering wood.
Let's hear other responses to the title question

woodslinger said:
your sister-in-law accuses you of being a wood hoarder. Burning wood is a lifetstyle so I don't expect everyone to understand the gut feeling of gathering wood.

Your fence around the house is made of woodstacks! :snake:

zap

I'll let you know when it happens..... I can never acquire enough wood!

zapny said:
woodslinger said:

zap

This made me laugh because it is open all around my property and when the kid from the back end of my place sees me woking on my supply he always comes over and asks me if I have enough wood. After dozens of times telling him no I starting telling him it is cheaper then fence. My goal now is to get enough so he can't see when I'm out there. :vampire: :coolsmirk:

the dogs start crapping on your wood because there is nowhere else for them to crap

your neighbor says your yard reminds him of stillwater minnesota--pictures from the great log jam

Jeff

basswidow said:
I'll let you know when it happens..... I can never acquire enough wood!
+1 i will never have enough. when i die that'll be enuff.

When you put a porta-potty outback and declare the holz hausen a guest house.

For me, it was when I knew I could choose the type of wood and if I really wanted to get it, because I really didn't need it for next year.

You know you have enough wood when,...............the wife complains about having to shift the wood we sleep on!

-Soupy1957

gerry100 said:
A stack of firewood is like a stack of money.

Can it be too big?

Only when they start to tax it as "real property"

JoeyD said:
zapny said:
woodslinger said:

zap

This made me laugh because it is open all around my property and when the kid from the back end of my place sees me woking on my supply he always comes over and asks me if I have enough wood. After dozens of times telling him no I starting telling him it is cheaper then fence. My goal now is to get enough so he can't see when I'm out there. :vampire: :coolsmirk:
A guy I work with lives just across the highway. He occasionally asks when I'm going to finish the "fortress" around my house. I have the entire back and most of one side built up pretty high...

when your place becomes a land mark!

We're getting close to getting the old hay barn near "full". Of course by full I mean stacked and ordered in a way that makes working in there safe and easily manageable. I need to get some new pics up soon. Mom and dad live on a 165 acre cattle farm that mom's brother owns, and it's chock full of standing dead beetle-kill pine. Dad's dropped around 12 lately, so we've been filling up the lean-to on the barn. That pine is fine right now, but if we let it hit the ground it would be pretty useless in no time.

I don't think I can get enough...

I know I have enough wood when....... well........ ummmm...... I NEVER have enough !

You don't return to your latest scrounge to pick up the last couple tough, ugly rounds left in the woods......

You start getting concerned about possible local ordinance violations.

NH_Wood said:
You don't return to your latest scrounge to pick up the last couple tough, ugly rounds left in the woods......

thats funny, just yesterday I was faced with this and .... yup .... went back and got them

When a relative mentions that he was checking out your place on Google Earth and was wondering what the "fortress" was built up along the sides and rear of the property?

You stop keeping 2 tabs open on your computer every time you are on line, looking for the CL adds near you for free wood, and hitting reload every 2 minuets hoping some one will post an ad, and you can be first to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.