you mass guys are in the saws....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
Southington CT
Stihl 036 Pro Chainsaw - $100 (Shutesbury)

Date: 2011-03-30, 9:24AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I will throw in an extra saw chain.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

that's crazy. is this an april fools joke?

holland_patrick said:
not sure but i'm ready to drive up if i need to
no kidding. If nothing else guy may be willing to ship it. $50 shipping would still make this a steal.

I have one setting in the shop doing Nothing! jug and slug look brand new and runs strong. Its worth in the 400.00 range!

Just sent an e-mail. Saw the ad this morning but not knowing the Stihl lineup history I discarded it as a most likely 25 year old saw and was priced appropriately. When did Stihl stop making hte 0xx series saws and move to the MS- series?

mayhem said:
Just sent an e-mail. Saw the ad this morning but not knowing the Stihl lineup history I discarded it as a most likely 25 year old saw and was priced appropriately. When did Stihl stop making hte 0xx series saws and move to the MS- series?

The 036 I have believe its for the late 80's or early 90's. It will run with a 361 or 362 no problem.

smokinjay said:
mayhem said:

The 036 I have believe its for the late 80's or early 90's. It will run with a 361 or 362 no problem.
Guy on AS just dis a three saw comparison with the 361 an 036 Pro and a 962 Efco --> Check it out:
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/166970.htm

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
mayhem said:

Guy on AS just dis a three saw comparison with the 361 an 036 Pro and a 962 Efco --> Check it out:
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/166970.htm

All to close to make one better than the other.....But cool done the less.

smokinjay said:
All too close performance-wise. So it comes down to $$$...

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
All too close performance-wise. So it comes down to $$$...

Details on every saw if its a race. Money wise sure makes a good case for the efo, but still just talking a 13 sec run. Run it for a 4-5 hour shot to see if there is any issue on a long run. Worth a look for sure!

holland_patrick said:
wierd answer....

The McCollough is still available.
lol. WTHeck? ask about that one, too. could be something fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.