You never know until you ask. Score again, pics.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brogan007

Burning Hunk
Local road is being widened, contractor cut down trees, stacked the logs but never got in to remove them due to wet weather. I drove past them for 9 months...till I figured, if I don't ask, I'll never know. The job supervisor told me to take them all, the contractor is not coming back. Wow! 6 full trailer loads, 12 ft logs, and still didn't clear all the various stacks of logs. That's me finished now. Enough wood on hand for 8-10 yrs. Unreal winter for wood availability here.

Attachments

• Log lying here for 9 months.jpg
    Log lying here for 9 months.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 536
  • Loading at road-side.jpg
    Loading at road-side.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 536
  • Full load.jpg
    Full load.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 519
Real nice score. That beats going all through the woods. How did you get them onto the trailer? Nice pics

Hard to tell...is that mostly White Ash or what?

Very sweet indeed!

It seems to me that the further south you go (to a point) the better the quality & availability of good burning wood there is. Them's what need it least have it most.

Wow! How did you get all that onto a trailer? 8-10 years' worth? Amazing.

My wood ID skills are very lacking. No idea what the trees are. I can recognize pine...and leave it alone....and I think I know white oak....but that's it.
No idea what this stuff was. It sure is heavy though, the skidsteer was at tipping point on some of the large logs.

I see what looks like a couple ash and a couple pine. Not sure on the others

Status
Not open for further replies.