You Suspect The End Of Burning Season Might Be Near When...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you couldn't get a draft even if you had a Shopvac on top of the chimney.

I wouldnt know. I,am back from outa town for the weekend to see my family and the first thing I had to do was still shovel fresh snow!!! :mad:

When you start thinking that "hey, maybe this house is actually better insulated than I thought it was back in January"

jpl1nh said:
When you purposely don't engage the combustor hoping it might help to keep the black flies at bay.

Ouch! Thanks for reminding me why I like southern Ohio! :)

Ken

I'd add a comment, but the stove is going since it's 39 and raining outside. I did get the garden started yesterday though...

Matt

When time spend in the forum is measured in minutes vs. hours per day. (sorry bout that Craig)

adrpga498 said:
When time spend in the forum is measured in minutes vs. hours per day. (sorry bout that Craig)
Oh, so true!

It's dry enough to plow the field but not sure if seeds will germinate without irrigation.

I have a fierce sunburn from skiing today in mashed potatoes with my 5YO daughter.

I`m spending more time with the lawnmower than the chainsaw. Mowed the lawns twice in the past 10 days :)

When the next door neighbor was getting in his last Snowmobile ride last weekend and his first Harley ride this weekend. He must be loving life this spring.

Yeah, when my mind turns to gardening, got the cool weather veggies goin' now! Although I keep thinking we're done burning, but then we'll get a little cool shot like tonight, and "it would be nice to take the chill off"....

When North of 60 is the only forum member still shoveling snow. :)

When birds start showing up in my stove. >:-(

When you'd rather burn IRS tax forms with worthless medical and charity deduction receipts instead of cordwood.

When my 21month old girl is out side with me and says "its broke" when i split wood

1.There's no newspaper left......because within the last 2 weeks .....I've used more than the last 4 months.
2.I move my damper control once a day
3.I'm scrounging my yard for kindling and damp pinecones
4.Lighting a cold stove in the morning is as exciting as doing several loads of laundry.
5.The stove is now serving as a coffee table for cold beer

WoodButcher

WOODBUTCHER said:
4.Lighting a cold stove in the morning is as exciting as doing several loads of laundry.

Amen Brother!

Mo Heat said:
When you'd rather burn IRS tax forms with worthless medical and charity deduction receipts instead of cordwood.

Believe me, I understand the frustration of being caught in the curse of the AMT. Work hard, save, invest, then retire and it's time to reap some of the harvest from a life's work and careful money management, and what happens? Oh, you made too much money...AMT! Looking hard at munis now and being very careful about taking cap gains.

But, back on topic...yesterday and the day before were in the 70*'s here. It seemed really strange not to be tending two fires all day. Today we had snow flurries, and we burned in the house this morning, and the workshop most of the day. Is this what we call the "shoulder season"? Rick

Been in the 30's here at night, so still burning. Of course during the day its almost time to stop. Did stop last week, but then cold front came through.
Right now its 81 inside, I am sweating my arse off, and just opened up the slider to get some cool air. Nearing 70 this week towards the end. Hopefully, I can finally dismantle the wood manger, and get the law tractor ready for working the grass. Will be ordering my cut deliver soon and splitting about 12 cord. I love wood burning, but as with anything else, I am ready for a break.

Yeah it looked like we were done last week. Then we get a frost warning for tonight and mid-twenties forecast for tomorrow night with a high only in the low fifties tomorrow. The 30 be burning as we speak.

When the kitchen table, old big screen tv, and picnic table have been burned and your down to burning beer cans, china, and dinner leftovers to take the morning chill off.

We just woke up the T6. Looks like La Nina isn't finished with us yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.