Young at heart at 103, celebrates after splitting some wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DriftWood

Minister of Fire
Apr 5, 2006
Bluewater Area, Great Lakes
Harold Schoneman was born five days before the Wright brothers flew their first plane. Today he is celebrating his 103rd birthday. Before he goes, he may split some wood - enough to fill a wheelbarrow so he can get his wood-burning stove going in case the temperature drops.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006612120303

celebrates after spliting some wood

This is great news.

First, we learn that beer is good for you.

And now this!

Things are looking up, boys and girls.

I work with a guy like this all the time. Although he is " only " 91. We have probably fallen 100 trees together and split and stacked countless cords. He always works my butt off andIm 55. He runs an older 036 while I run the lighter 361 and he has no trouble staying ahead of me. He lives just down the road and you never see him doing nothing. even if its just raking pineneedle's. He says the same thing, if he stops he dead. And its great listening to all his old stories!

Pfffft he's using a splitter

Wheres the maul ;)

babalu87 said:
Pfffft he's using a splitter

Wheres the maul ;)

Your day will come Grasshopper.

- BB (who just feels like he is 103)

That is AWESOME. I wish more people in our society valued our elders. It is so important to pass down the heritage.

Now that was a nice news article. Up lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.