Young wood cutter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
He told me he was ready to work

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 932
4yr old great nephew Oct 2011

Attachments

• Jackson 288XP.jpg
    Jackson 288XP.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 869
Before the saw comes the stacking for the young guy, I have some extra t-post. :snake:

zap

PapaDave said:
Bobby, looks like he's ready to eat first. :coolsmile:
Let me tell you he can eat and loves to eat!!

zapny said:
Before the saw comes the stacking for the young guy, I have some extra t-post. :snake:

zap
i dont know zap. lol im gonna have to train him in some nice wall stacking.

he looks like I do when I get my saw out.....drooling and mesmerized!....start 'em young on them Stihls and he's destined to be a great man someday!!

They will be css our wood for us when we are old, so train them well.

Scotty Overkill said:
he looks like I do when I get my saw out.....drooling and mesmerized!....start 'em young on them Stihls and he's destined to be a great man someday!!

Bobby, wish I had pics of my kids when they first started helping with firewood. Just keep him involved and some day he may want some of his HS Sr pics to include that Stihl he grew up with because it meant that much to him. :coolsmile:

That one of those kevlar bibs I've been hearing about . . . I've been meaning to get myself one of those and some chaps. ;)

firefighterjake said:
That one of those kevlar bibs I've been hearing about . . . I've been meaning to get myself one of those and some chaps. ;)
haha. yeah i could use one myself. lol

He is my helper with kindling. My wife says I have him brainwashed. Every day I pick him up from daycare, he says, "home, firewood". Found a John Deere battery gator for him at a garage sale. He loves it, and so do I....he drives around, picks up the sticks for me, and says "firewood. I just hope he keeps the same enthusiasm as he gets older!!!
004.JPG

003.JPG

ecocavalier02 said:
zapny said:

zap
Yep, stacking first, then splitting, then get em on the saw.
My oldest son is ready to start running the saw, but I don't know if I'm ready to let him yet, not without all kinds of safety gear anyway.

For now they are the main splitter/stackers around this house.

Carbon_Liberator said:
ecocavalier02 said:
zapny said:

zap
Yep, stacking first, then splitting, then get em on the saw.
My oldest son is ready to start running the saw, but I don't know if I'm ready to let him yet, not without all kinds of safety gear anyway.

For now they are the main splitter/stackers around this house.

I could use a kid like him...great that they help you! girlfriends kid wants to sit around playing xbox lazy as can be!

BucksCounty said:
He is my helper with kindling. My wife says I have him brainwashed. Every day I pick him up from daycare, he says, "home, firewood". Found a John Deere battery gator for him at a garage sale. He loves it, and so do I....he drives around, picks up the sticks for me, and says "firewood. I just hope he keeps the same enthusiasm as he gets older!!!
004.JPG

003.JPG
thats pretty awesome. cute kid.

Awesome!

My little man was helping me cut a couple weekends back. :lol: I can't wait till he's old enough to really help out his busted up old man. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0231_5570.jpg
    DSC_0231_5570.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC_0238_5577.jpg
    DSC_0238_5577.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 295
Before this rain moved through we moved some wood from the stacks up to the house. I dropped a limb off the wheel barrow and sent my little one to get it. He's a big help.

Attachments

• little helper.jpg
    little helper.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 264
Status
Not open for further replies.