Your Hearth, From Where You Sit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
IMG_20161113_193106566_zpsgeggjnie.jpg

Just got done installing an Osburn 2000 over the weekend. Really like it so far.68b371d66ad420cce5ae73b76a68d186.jpg

IMG_0897.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see the homefires lighting up.

Reactions: Twolfe278
Four hearths, so four photos:

fl1 great 2.jpg office stove.jpg

basement stove.jpg IMG_9764.JPG

Full disclosure, the white stove was never hooked up. It's in the basement, which has central heating, and two stoves keep me busy enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
upload_2016-11-14_15-7-53.png

Your gonna love the cape cod insert.just feed it dry wood and it will keep you warm all winter long

Your gonna love the cape cod insert.just feed it dry wood and it will keep you warm all winter long
So there is 3 of us that I know of with a cape insert. I think we should start a fan club.

So there is 3 of us that I know of with a cape insert. I think we should start a fan club.
There's not allot of Cape cod inserts owners here which surprises me.its a beautiful looking stove and heats very well. Club sounds good to me.one cord of wood for yearly dues please!

There's not allot of Cape cod inserts owners here which surprises me.its a beautiful looking stove and heats very well. Club sounds good to me.one cord of wood for yearly dues please!
Beautiful stove, and was awaited with much anticipation on this forum, after they announced it's (then-future) release in 2012. I was actually waiting on buying a newer stove, until I saw one myself.

There are always a few contributing factors, when determining which stove will be popular vs. not, but I think the biggest factor in this stove's lack of popularity among this die-hard crowd is the depth of the ash lip... or the lack thereof. It seemed like every last comment about that stove was that it wasn't deep enough (not as in front to back, but as in the belly of coals it will hold) to do any serious level of heating with it. I think that, due to this, many here wrote it off as a stove for the casual burner.

I am in. All delivered and stacked at my house....

Beautiful stove, and was awaited with much anticipation on this forum, after they announced it's (then-future) release in 2012. I was actually waiting on buying a newer stove, until I saw one myself.

There are always a few contributing factors, when determining which stove will be popular vs. not, but I think the biggest factor in this stove's lack of popularity among this die-hard crowd is the depth of the ash lip... or the lack thereof. It seemed like every last comment about that stove was that it wasn't deep enough (not as in front to back, but as in the belly of coals it will hold) to do any serious level of heating with it. I think that, due to this, many here wrote it off as a stove for the casual burner.

You are 100% right. I have to take the ashes every 3-4 days when burning 24/7 that's 3-4 loads a day. But it gives a nice fire show heats good but is expensive too.

IMG_1339.JPG

Here is my view. Of course my cat Jasmine in her favorite winter time spot.

Attachments

• Jasmine 2-4-14.jpg
    Jasmine 2-4-14.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 318
He sidles over to it to cool down once in awhile.

Reactions: Woody Stover