Your Labor Day plans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wood related. We will be canning about 120 jars of tomatoes and my man cave is where the family always want to do them. So the beer fridge is loaded and I will be doing some BBQ for all those who attend.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday!

Reactions: NortheastAl
I'm going to round out the 60 hour work week with another 10 or so hours Saturday. Then start on my neglected graduate school work since the semester started this week. Work on my teacher licensing documents and applications for various New England states. Salt away at laundry and cooking for next week. Either take a shovel or a match to this house.

I think a friend may be coming to visit, and we are spending some time Sunday with some friends hiking to a nice swimming hole, followed by beer and pizza at our favorite joint. So there is some fun stuff amidst the grind.

Go for it, K !!! (on many levels ;) )

Museum tomorrow, groceries after, then home to the Murph :cool:

Cleaning the 2 chimneys ( 1st time in 2 years .. don't want to push it too much !). Help from the Dixette on that one. Paring down the "too big for either stove" piles, Cutting rounds into reasonable sizes. Cutting the grass. BBQ something at some point.

Also going to start moving the "emergency wood supply" onto the back deck. At least a cord.

Geez, I'm tired already :mad:

Reactions: Mrs. Krabappel
Down to the beach,Jersey Shore for a week. Much quieter down there now.

In observance of today.....

CAM00043.jpg

Hope your Bacon Day goes as well. Pancakes and bacon for breakfast, looks like BLTs for lunch, and something involving boneless chicken, bacon, and the keyhole pit for dinner. Perhaps another pic later.

You ever go to Plath's, Dave? Fifteen pound box of #2 bacon for $40. Odd shaped pieces, but still lean and still really good.
http://www.plathsmeats.com/

I honestly had never heard of Bacon Day before this morning. We bought the bacon yesterday, so why not celebrate?

Never heard of it Jeff...until now.
Wife mentioned going to the "big" JoAnn's up in Petoskey soon (she sews, makes dolls, knits, crochets, and quilts - very talented), so maybe we'll drop in there.
We both love bacon, though we don't eat it much.
BLT's, here we come. The garden is supplying the maters.:cool:

Never been to the Petoskey location. East coasters go to Rogers ;). Usually don't buy bacon because it is too expensive, but that's less than $3/lb.

Labor Day I will be with the kids at Disneyland in Paris. It is the first day of school in France so hopefully it will be empty. Wednesday I have to ship them home to get ready for their first day of school. Then finish my project here so I can get home too.

KaptJaq

D'oh . . . I knew there was something else I was planning on doing . . . celebrating my 17th wedding anniversary with my wife. However, after 17 years it was a pretty low key affair -- pizza from the local pizza place.

Weekend started nice, got the swing set done... But now its pouring rain, flash flood warnings and the kids are sick and kept us up half the night.

Sitting here watching Disney movies now... Think I'm getting the cold too :(

My son, who is in college coming home so we can replace tie rods , inner and outer on both sides, on his car.
Then taking it to get it aligned. Glad he is old enough so I can just watch and advise. Plus he is a ME major.

If the neighbors aren't having any parties / guest....and the weather cooperates.....fire up the burn barrel to burn more brush (almost done).....clean the Chimney, and try to convince the wife to let me buy a couple sticks of wood so I can at least start framing the wood shed that I started 6 months ago....so far I've got two 4x4x7's (shortened 8 footers) with a 2x6x12 in between to make the back end

Status
Not open for further replies.