Your neck of the woods...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BXpellet said:
Heres my neck of the woods,
"oh silver beach"! Pd n fd land!

At the end of Indian Trail, Silver Beach I lived there for 12 years If you weren't from the area you would never know it was there!!

BXpellet said:
At the end of Indian Trail, Silver Beach I lived there for 12 years If you weren't from the area you would never know it was there!!
A really nice spot!

My frozen tundra flatland neck of da woods. Sorry for all the igloos blocking the view. %-P
Cheers

Attachments

• backyard.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 560
Attached is a shot of my home from last winter. This was a heavy first snow as evidenced by the trailer full of wood still in the driveway...

Attachments

• First Snow.jpg
    First Snow.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 529
And here...guardian of my woodpile.

2116041348_bb03f02316.jpg

Lately we have had fog, rain, sun, you name it. Here's what we've been seeing.

Edit: Just added the last shot. It's taken around the corner from here.

Attachments

• IMG_0360_web.jpg
    IMG_0360_web.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_0372__web.jpg
    IMG_0372__web.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_0456_web.jpg
    IMG_0456_web.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0379_web.jpg
    IMG_0379_web.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_0508_web.jpg
    IMG_0508_web.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 319
Love that first pic! It looks very cool and crisp. Summer is never ending this year. Supposed to top out in the lower to mid 90s this week. That's easily 12-14F above average. I am beyond ready for fall weather. Hell, we might skip fall and go straight into winter, kinda like we did with spring this year. However, it's been a spectacular year for seasoning the ole red oak!

This was from the back door of my office a week or so ago.... it's coming...

riw310.jpg

mhambi said:
This was from the back door of my office a week or so ago....

Your employer has great vision. Not sure I'd get anything done with that to look at though.

High_Iron said:
SolarAndWood said:
mhambi said:
This was from the back door of my office a week or so ago....

Your employer has great vision. Not sure I'd get anything done with that to look at though.

I agree. i just made that pic my desktop. thanks!

Cool! That's Mt. Timpanogos. Here's another shot of it I took a year ago...

30wpenl.gif

Great pictures everybody... thanks for posting them!

This is the view of Lake Placid from the top of Whiteface Mtn.

Attachments

• LP from WF.jpg
    LP from WF.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 516
Corn!

Attachments

• 6 cord silver maple.jpg
    6 cord silver maple.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 427
smokinjay said:

I didn't know corn could grow into rounds that thick. looks almost like wood. :)

Well here's some pics . . . not really pretty ones . . . no mountain scenes or scenes from the coast . . . and the leaves are falling off pretty quickly thanks to the recent wind and rain . . . and it's not a Taj Ma Hal . . . but it's my little slice of heaven. . . .

Attachments

• House5.jpg
    House5.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 399
  • House1.jpg
    House1.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 396
  • House2.jpg
    House2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 392
  • House3.jpg
    House3.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 377
north of 60 said:
My frozen tundra flatland neck of da woods. Sorry for all the igloos blocking the view. %-P
Cheers

Reminds me of Emerald Lake........just absolutely beautiful country up there!

Nice place Jake send one more photo of that woodshed looks like a 4 bay, and full and ready to burn.

Cpt.

What an awesome slideshow that would make. Thanks to everyone who contributed, east coast, mid-west, mountains, and west.

Hey, a fellow Utahn! I knew there had to be one other person from around here!

Here are some pics I took up in Little Cottonwood Canyon last November, just after our first good snowstorm-

DSCF0340.jpg

DSCF0343.jpg

DSCF0352.jpg

DSCF0351.jpg

~Rose

cptoneleg said:
Nice place Jake send one more photo of that woodshed looks like a 4 bay, and full and ready to burn.

Cpt.

I recently posted a few pics of my woodshed . . . I think they're in the "Wood Shed" forum . . . which would be appropriate. . . . and yes . . . 4 bays . . . enough for two years worth of wood.

BucksCoBernie said:
Jake I have garage envy!

HehHeh . . . that was one of my requirements when my wife and I were looking for our house many years back . . . I said I wanted at least a two-bay garage since I hated brushing snow and scraping ice off my car before heading to work . . . while I don't like the roof style (would have preferred a matching roof line to that of the house) I do like the over-sized garage since it means I can fit 4 cars and my ATV inside . . . and still have space for a work bench and room above for storage.

Beautiful pictures guys! I'm new here...from Nashville. The colors are starting to change, but I don't have any pictures yet. Hopefully, this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.