Your Quadra-fire Discovery II vent settings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nerd

Oct 29, 2020
Aberdeen, Maryland
Hi Folks, curious what optimum settings for the vents you all find are to achieve that optimum, four-point burn (assuming wood is seasoned etc). This is my first season on it and honing my own settings...so far my experience points towards the top flue knob all the way down and the bottom control (for the rear air) forward to maybe the third notch.

Thanks everyone, this will help speed up the learning curve! I grew up on a Brunco insert, burning cordwood and coal (still do when back home, so going on 30 years with that one). Though of course that doesn't give much insight into these new stoves. Though there's all sorts of individual nuances and caveats, it'll be insightful to all the data! If someone else already has a thread polling this info please let me know, my searches didn't find it...

Attachments

• stove1.JPG
    stove1.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 83
Seems like the main vent knob on the upper right all the way down and the vent control on the lower right all the way closed works most of the time. Sometimes I need to add a bit of air with the lower right control, maybe sliding it forward a quarter inchish..