Your Wood Sheds. Post pics here.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clemsonfor

Minister of Fire
Dec 15, 2011
Greenwood county, SC
I know i dont have as much ahead as some of you but im working on this. Been in this house 4 winters and this is 2nd with a insert this is the first year for all year too.

Here are a few pics of this year before burning started, summer obviously with the leaves. Im gonna add on 9 more feet so i can space the rows out and try and get at least a year ahead.

One reason i built it so high is so i could drive my tractor into it if i wanted when i have it at the house in town.

Attachments

• 0514111829.jpg
    0514111829.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 2,379
Another pic.

And the last one was the best day i ever had cutting wood. Had one of my loggers load the hardwood onto my trailer with the loader, no work involved!! And Free too!

Attachments

• 0515111812.jpg
    0515111812.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 2,139
  • 1123091307a.jpg
    1123091307a.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 2,054
I have shed envy. :cheese:

Im sure yours is much bigger and fuller!

But i built that shed with tin i got fro free from helping a co-worker take down the shed. He gave me the shed in pieces for my help. enough tin for the roof and the future 9ft extention. enough treated 2x4s also for the rafters, also all the tin screw from shed. Only think i bought to build it was treated 1x4s for stickers, 2 4x4x8 posts , 2 4x4x10 posts, 4 bags of quickrete (i think?) adn the 2x8 x16 headers.

The extention hopefully will come before spring. Will be a 9ft addition to the left. Will need the posts headers rafters and stickers.

Very "cold" shed :)

Attachments

• 100_7126.jpg
    100_7126.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,093
One for splits worthy of stacking, one for everything else.

Attachments

• 121811 burn shed.jpg
    121811 burn shed.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,917
  • 121911 2nd chance shed.jpg
    121911 2nd chance shed.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,887
bogydave said:
Very "cold" shed :)

AHHHHHHH

Thats a shed and wood supply to be envious over!!

clemsonfor said:
Another pic.

And the last one was the best day i ever had cutting wood. Had one of my loggers load the hardwood onto my trailer with the loader, no work involved!!

.........and, I have "load" envy!!!! Man, I wish I could find a logger or service around here that would supply me with logs like that!! I'll hafta take a pic of my shed to share since I have not posted it with wood inside.

June 2011 Shed at parents acreage out in the sticks about 4 cords with roughly 8-9 more between the trees nearby.

Some of it June -Dec 2011

Attachments

• finally its completely full after 8.5 months.jpg
    finally its completely full after 8.5 months.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,949
  • whiteoak red oak buroak completed stack 62411.jpg
    whiteoak red oak buroak completed stack 62411.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,071
  • south stack finished 80411.jpg
    south stack finished 80411.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,863
  • stack 6 topped off 121511.jpg
    stack 6 topped off 121511.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,900
  • inside fort 1.jpg
    inside fort 1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,887
  • inside fort 2.jpg
    inside fort 2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,808
  • inside fort 3.jpg
    inside fort 3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,925
Thistle said:
June 2011 Shed at parents acreage out in the sticks about 4 cords with roughly 8-9 more between the trees nearby.

What did you write on the Private Property sign? If you are close enough to be reading this, you are likely being watched through my scope?

SolarAndWood said:
Thistle said:

What did you write on the Private Property sign? If you are close enough to be reading this, you are likely being watched through my scope?

Hahaha

SolarAndWood said:
Thistle said:

"No Stealing". Hadnt been out there in a couple weeks,noticed one day in April 2010 there was almost 1 p/u load missing at the back on north end (far right in pic).At the time parents didnt have any gate etc across the very steep winding gravel driveway.We believe it was neighbor 1/8th mile south.When they bought the property 31 yrs ago from the older farm couple who lived there (since both deceased) it was in the contract that as long as parents lived there,the property owners to the south were to provide water from their well,since this didnt have any.

Thinking they just pulled up & helped themselves.Dad & I since fixed that,there's a heavy chain/cable 'gate' with padlock across the drive,about 1/2 way up from the road.Just outside of the utility pole,so REC meter reader can do their thing then back down the driveway when done.When propane is delivered for that tiny house once a year,parents meet the guy out there & have the driveway open.Too many chances for vandals & thieves to cause mayhem when no one is home,since its pretty isolated & 7 miles from nearest small town.The cable/padlock at least will slow people down,they cant cut across the yard in a 4 wheel vehicle either without getting stuck or high-centered on a stump & other obstacles either muhahaha

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,889
This one holds 20 rows, 7.5' x 9'. Predominate winds hit it on the end facing. Works really well as you can pull/load from either end.

Attachments

• Wood Shed 2010 002 (Custom).jpg
    Wood Shed 2010 002 (Custom).jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 2,146
rottiman said:
This one holds 20 rows, 7.5' x 9'. Predominate winds hit it on the end facing. Works really well as you can pull/load from either end.

Real nice rottiman! That holds a lot of wood! Cheers!

My Pallet "shed" built under my deck near the garage. Holds about 3/4 cord.

Attachments

• DSC05787w.jpg
    DSC05787w.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,811
my wood shed

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,808
14 cords red oak

Attachments

• hi83tdtr 007.jpg
    hi83tdtr 007.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 1,844
Thistle said:
SolarAndWood said:
Thistle said:

"No Stealing". Hadnt been out there in a couple weeks,noticed one day in April 2010 there was almost 1 p/u load missing at the back on north end (far right in pic).At the time parents didnt have any gate etc across the very steep winding gravel driveway.We believe it was neighbor 1/8th mile south.When they bought the property 31 yrs ago from the older farm couple who lived there (since both deceased) it was in the contract that as long as parents lived there,the property owners to the south were to provide water from their well,since this didnt have any.

Thinking they just pulled up & helped themselves.Dad & I since fixed that,there's a heavy chain/cable 'gate' with padlock across the drive,about 1/2 way up from the road.Just outside of the utility pole,so REC meter reader can do their thing then back down the driveway when done.When propane is delivered for that tiny house once a year,parents meet the guy out there & have the driveway open.Too many chances for vandals & thieves to cause mayhem when no one is home,since its pretty isolated & 7 miles from nearest small town.The cable/padlock at least will slow people down,they cant cut across the yard in a 4 wheel vehicle either without getting stuck or high-centered on a stump & other obstacles either muhahaha
I'd have to refer to the 'Castle Law' here in PA if someone came and took my wood. Because I consider that pile of wood (with my blood, sweat, and tears in it) an extension of my family.......would probably shoot someone if they took a single piece of it!!.....lol....

Here's mine again...

Attachments

• Shed1.jpg
    Shed1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Shed2.jpg
    Shed2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,635
  • Shed5.jpg
    Shed5.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,596
  • Shed4.jpg
    Shed4.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,640
  • Shed3.jpg
    Shed3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,606
Reactions: Lewiston
Blue2ndaries said:
Here's mine again...
Yeah, and then there's Blue's woodshed.......another redneck Cadillac in the woodshed world.......you are tied for first with BogyDave in the woodshed world.....lol.....that is truly a work of redneck art right there brothers!!

I think all full woodsheds are pretty awesome. I'm joining the envious group here. I think we need a wood shed design crew so we can all have one. Then we will need a c/s/s group to get them full.

I just showed the wife some pictures and she just rolled her eyes. It is on my list of projects that I hope to get done in the spring time. I built a tool shed a couple of years ago and now have my eyes on one of these. The problems is that my land slopes where I want it. Ilike blue's shed design. I like how it is deep and the roof design. I also like being able to store/hide the trailer on the side.

Nice work everyone. Keep the pics coming for those of us that need/want one.

This went up in 2008. It'll never match the beauties shown here, but it was a fun project and the first time at building something like this. I thought it was done, but I like it so much that I am now considering adding another bay this summer.

Attachments

• wood-shed.jpg
    wood-shed.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 5,742
BeGreen said:
This went up in 2008. It'll never match the beauties shown here, but it was a fun project and the first time at building something like this. I thought it was done, but I like it so much that I am now considering adding another bay this summer.
BeGreen that's a nice shack too! You guys are making me antsy.....I gotta get my butt in gear on this project!

Here's a picture of ours, and a video of the boys filling her up.
I'm sure glad we built it, makes storing firewood a lot easier, and neater.

Attachments

• woopileOct122010.jpg
    woopileOct122010.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,354
Status
Not open for further replies.