YouTube videos, Eko 40, lets put some more on.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seyiwmz

Dec 11, 2007
Upper Michigan
Hey guys, its been awhile since I posted my Eko 40 burning video on here. Seems like there's new posters on here that might be interested. Maybe some more people will put thier video on youtube also. I'm also working on a wind turbine that I will put on there. I figure if you burn wood, you probably are interested in making your own electricity. I'm 1/2 way done. Good luck Gasificating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYrIo-8CEn4

Nice videos. What brand/model wind turbine are you pursuing?

Seyiwmz said:
I like what I see. That's a pretty cool gasifier you have there. How come no smoke came out when you opened the first door?

Thanks for your post.
Hello

It works like this

Attachments

• MEDIUM19.JPG
    MEDIUM19.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 870
Hansson- thanks for sharing. when I looked at your YouTube video, I also saw that you had another video which appears to show a draft regulator ("barometric damper") on the exhaust stack of your boiler. This surprised me, in that from what I know to date, draft regulators are generally frowned on in the US on any solid-fuel-burning unit. Is the use of the draft regulator the norm there in Scandanavia?

[PS to others regarding the lack of smoke when Hansson opened the top door, I saw one of these Innova models on display at Tarm USA, and apparently it has a "smoke shelf" above the top door, and a little secondary fan that turns on and "vacuums up" any smoke spillage when the loading door is opened)

Hello
I think a draft regulator is a must have.
The draft change much when the chimney gets warmer.

My boiler burns much better when i got the draft regulator.
My gas temp is abut 190-210 Celsius.the draft regulator blend dry air from the boiler room whit the humid gas from the boiler.
it keeps my chimney free from condense water.

The innova has no secondary fan.
When you open the door the fans sucks air in the pass over the fire place.

sorry for bad language.
/Hansson

Hanson,
Thanks for the videos did the last one show the guy dump motor oil on the fire, and is it normal to get the bark off of the fire wood over there...Dave

Great videos all~ have to go put on some Bob Marley!

Seyiwmz, there is no smoke roll out because the Baxi (Tarm) Solo Innova (as well as the Froling FHG) both have induction fans that are mounted at the back of the boiler. This means that air is PULLED through the boiler instead of being pushed from the front as with the Solo Plus series and sounds like EKO. So, when you open the door air rushes INTO the boiler so little or no smoke rolls out. In the event that a bit of smoke wants to roll out of the loading door, there is a narrow passage way across the top of the loading door opening that leads directly back to the flue and induction fan so it is quickly sucked back in through the boiler. Kind of looks like when a woman curls cigarette smoke out of her mouth and back into her nose - wood boilers are so sexy! Anyway, the other nice thing about this type of fan/induction set up is that there is no need for a bypass damper. Happy New Year everyone.

Chris

TacoSteelerMan said:
Hanson,
Thanks for the videos did the last one show the guy dump motor oil on the fire, and is it normal to get the bark off of the fire wood over there...Dave

I notice the oil thing and thats is strange.No it`s not normal to take of the bark.
But the video was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.