Yuengling Beer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
While in NJ last week I tried Yuengling beer and found it to be good beer.. I know at Woodstock the PA. folks talked it up and it is very good! Would I buy it up here? Yup I would and I wouldn't mind one right now.. lf they sold it around here and if priced right which it was in NJ I would pick up a case unfortunately nobody sells it here in Mass..

Ray

raybonz said:
While in NJ last week I tried Yuengling beer and found it to be good beer.. I know at Woodstock the PA. folks talked it up and it is very good! Would I buy it up here? Yup I would and I wouldn't mind one right now.. lf they sold it around here and if priced right which it was in NJ I would pick up a case unfortunately nobody sells it here in Mass..

Ray

Yup, good stuff. Always have @ it when I get to Pa. for a visit. Is very popular down there.

I have been diggin it myself...can't get my Dogfish Head for some weird reason.....
It's good stuff....I like the lager.....I always like the lagers... :)
I saw on a commercial here that now they have Lager lite....I am not much for lite beers though, but I may try it for kicks and giggles...

I just bought a 12 pack of it last night for 10 bucks. Good deal. Couldn't resist. Had a beer on front of my cranking fire. That was a good end to the night.

GAMMA RAY said:
I have been diggin it myself...can't get my Dogfish Head for some weird reason.....
I saw on a commercial here that now they have Lager lite....I am not much for lite beers though, but I may try it for kicks and giggles...

I think I can get the Dogfish Head around here but never tried it however I do enjoy the Shipyard Pumpkin Head Beer..

Ray

Yuengling brewing Co has been brewing longer than any other still going in the US.

It's always in my fridge at home. Good flavor for the money.

I really like their porter if you ever come across that.

pen

raybonz said:

Ray

A few years back they started selling Yuengling on tap at the bars here in Northern N.Y. Then it hit the grocery stores. I tried the bottles and the cans, but I always thought the best tasting was the Yuengling on draft at the bar. I do not frequent the bar to very often anymore. But when I take the wife out for dinner I always have a couple of big Yuengling drafts before we eat. Great stuff. I am surprised you can not get it where you live. I do remember someone saying they would go to the local corner store and ask them if they could get them a case. It took a few places, but one place would order him a case and made him a happy man. He would get one a month from them. Then a few years back they started selling it everywhere. Might be worth a shot for you. Or maybe seeing if a bar owner could get it for you.

Gasifier said:
raybonz said:

Ray

A few years back they started selling Yuengling on tap at the bars here in Northern N.Y. Then it hit the grocery stores. I tried the bottles and the cans, but I always thought the best tasting was the Yuengling on draft at the bar. I do not frequent the bar to very often anymore. But when I take the wife out for dinner I always have a couple of big Yuengling drafts before we eat. Great stuff. I am surprised you can not get it where you live. I do remember someone saying they would go to the local corner store and ask them if they could get them a case. It took a few places, but one place would order him a case and made him a happy man. He would get one a month from them. Then a few years back they started selling it everywhere. Might be worth a shot for you. Or maybe seeing if a bar owner could get it for you.

Mass. has no distributors as seen here:

http://www.yuengling.com/distributors/

No big deal plenty of other choices here..

Ray

Dick Yuengling's daughters will wind up buying the business from their Dad someday. Wonder how many marriage proposals those girls have received!

It's also the fav beer of President Obama.

pen

pen said:
Dick Yuengling's daughters will wind up buying the business from their Dad someday. Wonder how many marriage proposals those girls have received!

It's also the fav beer of President Obama.

pen

No politics in the 'Nook, K? ;-P

Gasifier said:
A few years back they started selling Yuengling on tap at the bars here in Northern N.Y. Then it hit the grocery stores. I tried the bottles and the cans, but I always thought the best tasting was the Yuengling on draft at the bar.

First time I tried the stuff was at a bar in Lake Placid. I was guiding a couple of sports from PA and they took me out for lunch after a nice morning on the Ausable using dry flies. They were all excited to see the place had Yuengling on tap, so I got one as well. Total surprise. This was good suds. Been a fan ever since, but I do like the draft much better. It's tempting at the supermarket because of the low price, but I always put it back and grab a 12 of Sierra Nevada instead. Life's too short for "also ran".

Battenkiller said:
Gasifier said:
A few years back they started selling Yuengling on tap at the bars here in Northern N.Y. Then it hit the grocery stores. I tried the bottles and the cans, but I always thought the best tasting was the Yuengling on draft at the bar.

First time I tried the stuff was at a bar in Lake Placid. I was guiding a couple of sports from PA and they took me out for lunch after a nice morning on the Ausable using dry flies. They were all excited to see the place had Yuengling on tap, so I got one as well. Total surprise. This was good suds. Been a fan ever since, but I do like the draft much better. It's tempting at the supermarket because of the low price, but I always put it back and grab a 12 of Sierra Nevada instead. Life's too short for "also ran".

I agree on the draft beer preference.

If you can find them, buy the 22 oz bottles of yuengling lager. They taste surprisingly more like draft beer than the 12 oz bottles, much more so than the canned variety. Besides, I like counting the number of bottles of beer I drink in terms of a 22oz bottle. My consumption sounds more reasonable then.

Can't blame you for the sierra nevada, but I say your theory is flawed choosing one over the other! Buy both!

pen

We are supposed to be getting it in South East Ohio the beginning of November. Up until this point everyone around here has been smuggling it in from WV, LOL.

certified106 said:
We are supposed to be getting it in South East Ohio the beginning of November. Up until this point everyone around here has been smuggling it in from WV, LOL.

LOL reminds me of Dad about 35-40 yrs ago with Coors.It wasnt sold here until late '70's sometime.Growing up I remember a few yrs before that a couple family trips to Longmont CO & Pikes Peak to see his old Air Force buddy,Dad always brought back a few cases tucked under that tarp strapped to the luggage rack.It wasnt quite like Smokey & The Bandit,but it worked haha.

GAMMA RAY said:

The Lager Lite is decent as far as diet beers go. I see now they have an Oktoberfest beer but only in kegs. Hoping they expand to bottles next year.
YingYang(as my dad calls it) has long been my favorite "local" brew.

pen said:
Can't blame you for the sierra nevada, but I say your theory is flawed choosing one over the other! Buy both!

Pen, I can't argue with the logic of doing that. What was I thinking? ;-)

Seeing it's the first larger beer in America and they are still around brewing it, it's got to be a great tasting larger. I was at WestPoint this weekend and found many opportunities to have one of these great tasting largers!

fishingpol said:
Yeungling - :sick: - sorry. Carry on.

If think you've been sniffing too much polyurethane and it's affecting you in adverse ways! ;-P

pen

I'm sorry, my old boss brought some back from Philly a few months ago and hyped it up. It was like a luxury car with crank windows and an 8 track player. I knew I could get the Pa. crowd riled up. No but seriously, to each there own...

fishingpol said:
I'm sorry, my old boss brought some back from Philly a few months ago and hyped it up. It was like a luxury car with crank windows and an 8 track player. I knew I could get the Pa. crowd riled up. No but seriously, to each there own...

Just picking fish. All in fun.

pen

Oh, I know, no offense taken at all. I just can't pass up an opportunity to poke fun at Yeungling and get you folks going. ;-) Did I mention that I had to give five out of the six bottles away? Those friends don't talk to me anymore. :wow:

fishingpol said:

Fish, try one of the drafts when you are somewhere they have it on tap. It is better than in a bottle or can. Love your picture. What the hell was the name of that movie? My buddy use to watch that movie three times a year without fail. Very good.

I would like to try one on tap. Maybe the PA folks can drag a keg up to Woodstock parking lot next fall... :roll:

The movie is "Christmas Story" with Ralphie. That's his old man admiring his "major award" that he won for winning a crossword puzzle contest or something like that. It is one of my favorites movies this time of year along with Grumpy Old men. The funny thing is my wife would put that lamp in the window, and I would to. A local gift store has one in their window every holiday season.

If anyone is ever in Pottsville I highly recommed the brewery tour. They are free and held regularly, Dick stops by once in a while. At the end you get a free drink at the brewery bar. Lots of interesting history, rumors, folklore etc. about the prohibition times and yuengling in general. Lager is the best IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.