1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

yukon/big jack

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by johnsopi, Oct 30, 2011.

1. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    Starting 7th winter with the BJ. Great furnace, great company, great customer support. Could not be happier. SHMBO loves being warm.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HJsimpson

HJsimpson Burning Hunk

Loc:
    NE Indiana
    I like hearing that because im starting my first winter with my BJ90. Ive been burning on and off for a week now and im really enjoying how simple it is to use.
    Im still learning how to burn with it being im used to a old smoke dragon furnace i replaced. Ive been having a little concern with the BDR setting which really seems to stay open almost all the time.
    Also agree with the great customer service. All my questions have been answered no matter how simple or complicated they are, really great people.
  3. 1873

1873 New Member

Loc:
    ohio
    new to forum and bj90. great to hear your good results. I bought mine used locally where the guy was converting to pellets.

Closer inspection revealed 2 small cracks on each side of the cylindrical firebox where the Two-Piece Baffle holders are welded to the inside. The previous owner really had no clue. I went ahead and cleaned up the area and mig welded the cracks shut. Has anyone else had a crack in this area?

Thanks,
  4. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Glad to hear you are happy with your furnaces guys. Can you post some pictures of them? At first I thought pictures were a pain in the... But after I did it the last time I realized it wasn't really bad at all. Do you guys run humidifiers in the winter when burning the hot air furnaces? I know the house can get dry when burning in any type of unit. Just curious. Have a good one.
  5. HJsimpson

HJsimpson Burning Hunk

Loc:
    NE Indiana
    I have only been burning mine on and off for two weeks so im still in the learning stage. I really creosoted the fire box up the other night when i put to much wood in and there was never a call for heat. Hopefully i can get a good fire going to burn it off but the temps are in the 60's this week. Yes they can be a little dry but i just put a pan of water on a register and it really helped.
  6. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    starting 9th season would like to try coal in it