Yukon Furnaces now comply for the biomass credit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrappieKeith

Feb 17, 2009
Northern Mn.
We are in the process of getting the downloadable certificate online.
This is great news for us and you. There is 500$ - 1500$ availble as a tax credit depending on which of the 6 wood furnaces and multi fuel furnaces to choose from.
We also have a sale running which is almost over that allows another $100 to $500 to be deducted from the cost of each furnace.

Congrats - I'm sure this should help business a bit for you.

Good for you Keith, I consider it very important that you earned this certification. If you aren't at least as good as the gov't thinks you should be then you need to change. You've now demonstrated that your product is worthy.

I don't have an E-star on my hearthstone either.

If the units would qualify, I would spend the money and get the units EPA certified. If you do qualify for the credits congrats, but I have heard the same thing in the past. So what do you do about the wood/coal units? Do you have to advertise wood only to qualify? Who did your testing?

Les Biancat said:
CrappieKeith said:
Les Biancat said:
great! is it going to have an energy star?
Energy Star means nothing.Not all appliances that have the energy star sticker are able for tax credits.
We comply with the program and the certificate will be online soon.
gas & oil burners get the energy star. epa certification may be just relative to exterior pollution,i dunno, but facts tell the story- not excluding smoke analysis

In order for burners...gas/oil to qualify for Energy Star they have to be better than 90% or in other words they have to be condensing furnaces. Wood/oil or gas are only 80% so they do not fall into the program via the burner.It's the wood the gets the "at least 75%" that get's them into the credit.

Like I said Layne the certificate will be on our website soon.

That's great news, Keith. You had me sold until I realized I'm already using my utility chimney for my wood stove so the cost of running a second chimney up 3 stories makes the cost prohibitive. Darn!

Sorry to bring a post like this back from the dead but my parents have ran a Yukon Klondike since the late 80's and just replaced it with another this year. I don't know how you could get any better.

It is 75% efficient?

My Buddy just got the Big Jack last month and he got the credit. I love my Big jack. I've been very happy with the Yukon company, phone support is great. Keith and everyone are very helpful.

Wood Fox said:
My Buddy just got the Big Jack last month and he got the credit. I love my Big jack. I've been very happy with the Yukon company, phone support is great. Keith and everyone are very helpful.

I'm happy to hear that on both accounts.I know I love my BJ90.It was 28 below zero this morning and the house was 72 after an all night burn.

If there is anything I can ever do ,I'm a phone call away.
800-358-0060

Status
Not open for further replies.