Yule Log.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
When I mentioned to Mrs Woodchip I was getting a Yule log this year, I don't think she was expecting this......

The last laugh might be on her though.

I'll be cutting it with a bow saw, now I've dragged it home I realise my 12"chain saw is too small :)

IMG_3398.jpg

Is that birch? Looks like a lot of work with the bow saw. I'd cut as much as I could with the chainsaw and finish with the bowsaw.

Good idea, and yes, it's silver birch.

Not as good as oak, but it was free and not too far to drag :)

Great Christmas joke. We're gonna play Jeopardy.....I give you the answer, and you give me the question. Ready? Here we go!

The answer is, "A Yule log".

What is the question?

Scroll down

Little more!

the question is, "What floats in the toilet backstage at the King and I?"

I'd like to know why a 12" saw would not cut that.

The chain saw comes out later, this is the biggest bit of wood I have ever dragged home, it just seemed to big for the chain saw when I first looked at it.

Bit sad when I see some of the enormous trees in other pictures on here being split with ease..... :)

Yes but wait until you get some really big ones. Your saw won't go through these things!

Dennyresting.gif

Backwoods Savage said:
Yes but wait until you get some really big ones. Your saw won't go through these things!

Dennyresting.gif

LOL That would be a huge chore for even the BIG BOY! (Pack a monster lunch)

My small log made a really puny pile of wood compared to what you could get from your enormous tree.....

I ought to be depressed, but at least it cut easier than expected, and I was inside toasting myself in front of the fire within half an hour........

Just pleased I didn't waste time with the bow saw :)

YuleLogsplit.jpg

Yule have some good burning there.

Status
Not open for further replies.