1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Zap-style GIBIR post.

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Woody Stover, May 30, 2011.

1. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    I've only got about 1/10 of a Zap-sized stack, but the journey of a thousand miles... :lol:

No I don't burn splits this big. :lol: I just knocked 'em down to a size I could pick up. I split them down smaller as the 90* heat caught up with me. Good day for drying wood, though. The humidity was low...under 50%. :lol:
    Some of the rounds on the right end might be ready this fall. I'll see for sure when I split them, but they felt lighter.

When I stack this Black Oak with my previous work it'll be about two cords, which should be enough to cover the 2012 season. I'll probably add a little more, just to be sure; We've been keeping it a bit warmer in the house lately, and have gotten used to that. This finishes the two-tree Black Oak score that the power company was kind enough to drop about 100' from where I'm stacking it. :coolsmile:

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h407/2bnator/022.jpg

Previous Black Oak work:
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h407/2bnator/BlackOak001-1.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. maxed_out

maxed_out New Member

Loc:
    Central Pa
    nice stacks!
  3. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Thanks. They look pretty good from that angle, but there might be a reason I didn't shoot the pic lengthwise down the stack, like some guys do. :lol:
  4. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Nice pics and big stacks! Did you know that firewood stacks are often used by pro photographers as back drops for portraits? My wife rolled her eyes when we had one here for yearbook pics lol.. Of course you know I was in my glory to hear that! :)

Ray
  5. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Woody Stover, you have some nice GIBIR rounds and splits. The stacks look great and I here that heat is heading east for the work week.

Happy Memorial Day
    Mike
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Ya, get ready for the heat. Summer is here.

Good job Woody!
  7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

[quote author="Woody Stover" date="1306756945"]I've only got about 1/10 of a Zap-sized stack, but the journey of a thousand miles... :lol:

We have been receiving wind gust up to 50 miles per hour with certain towns and villages losing power, just hope everyone is safe.

The old GM plant in Massena has a grass fire going on in this wind (not sure what caused it yet) looks like the next trip through the woods will include some trail cleanup and hopefully some good firewood.

This is the outage map from our area.

http://www1.nationalgridus.com/niagaramohawk/stormcenter/

GIBIR