Zero Board Insulation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevekng

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2007
Central Maine
My Enviro Vista Flame VF100 will need some insulation cloth that goes behind the center firebox panel. The piece that's in there is 8 years old and is falling apart. I had an oil service tech here today putting a part in my FHA furnace and he said that the cloth is VERY expensive. I know that the Enviro OEM replacement part is over $200. The tech told me about some material called "Zero Board" that is pretty cheap. It comes in 1", 3/4", and 1/2" thickness. The tech also told me that the stuff will withstand over 1500 ::F. Does any one know if the Zero Board will be an acceptable replacement for the original cloth?:confused:

Is this the part you need ?
If so it is 66 Dollars at http://woodheatstoves.com/
And 40 dollars at http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.co....htm?searching=Y&sort=1&cat=94&show=12&page=4

EF-126_photo1.JPG

Reactions: CygnusX1
Looks like a kaowool-type material. A good HW store should have sheets of that stuff.

My Enviro Vista Flame VF100 will need some insulation cloth that goes behind the center firebox panel. The piece that's in there is 8 years old and is falling apart. I had an oil service tech here today putting a part in my FHA furnace and he said that the cloth is VERY expensive. I know that the Enviro OEM replacement part is over $200. The tech told me about some material called "Zero Board" that is pretty cheap. It comes in 1", 3/4", and 1/2" thickness. The tech also told me that the stuff will withstand over 1500 ::F. Does any one know if the Zero Board will be an acceptable replacement for the original cloth?:confused:
Wow you got 8 years out of it?when I had my enviro it was black and falling apart after 3 months .

Wow you got 8 years out of it?when I had my enviro it was black and falling apart after 3 months .
It isn't in the greatest shape. Maybe I should've changed it a lot sooner.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Ctcarl
Thats what they are ( German shorthaired pointers ). the old lady ( brown one ) is 13 and still the best
upland bird dog I've ever owned.The one in behind is a 2 year old still in training and the great great Grand
son of the brown one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.