Q&A zero clearance chimney upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

great web site! I have a marco 36 inch heat circulating fireplace ,not very heat circulating. I was wondering if you had some ideas on the price of a liner for the chimney as i would like to install an insert. I have a single story ranch and would need about 20 feet of pipe. Only local dealer says 600.00 that seems crazy when insulated double wall is going for 20.00 a foot at our local farm and fleet.Any ideas would help thanks

Answer:

The dealer may be quoting you on flexible pipe which is at least double the price of rigid. You should be able to find rigid at $12.00 to $15.00 a foot, maybe cheaper depending on the thickness. Some plumbing supply houses carry or can get this material if you feel that your dealers prices are too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.