Zero clearance chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firebuckeye

Nov 18, 2006
Does any body make a zero clearance chimney? I have a 6" b vent system in my home that was double wall and enclosed in a 9"x9" wood chase. Is there any way to run a wood burning chimney through it. After I rip out the metalbestos b vent? I seen a post for zero clearance liners and that is what made me think there might be an option for me. I sized it out with the traditional double wall pipe and 2" clearance tocombustibles and I do not have enough room. Hopefully someone can advise

im not aware of one that will fit in that tight an enclosure and still provide clearances necessary. i would imagine that a "zero clearance" pipe would likely be too large an OD for that size as well. i may be wrong but i do not think you will find one. you might check with simpson duravent at www.duravent.com or call them at 800-245-6489 and inquire. if it exists im sure they will let you know about it. i hope im wrong and you find somthing compatable that still meets code. good luck in your search.

gave wrong phone number for duravent 800-835-4429 sorry , my mistake, gave you my office number , lol

Status
Not open for further replies.