Zero Clearance Kit for Regency U23-LP Gast Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB007

Minister of Fire
Oct 21, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Is there such a thing?

My neighbour thinks he might like to install our now unused Regency U23LP Insert, and when I asked at the shop the installer suggested a Zero Clearance kit. According to him, Cdn code requires min 4" of masonry to install this insert (it is not ZC on it's own) and said there was a Kit from Regency, but since it was an out of production model he didn't have any info on it.

I have been dealing with Regency products for the last ten years & I've never seen a ZC Kit for their iinserts.
I know there's one made for the Harman Accentra Pellet Insert, but that's a whole nuther situation.
I suggest you try to contact the folks at Regency Tech & pick their brains.
If you don't have any luck getting thru to them, re-post &
I will try on Monday when I get back to work...

I emailed them already about it, but last time I did that it took them over a week to realize they actually had a U23-LP. It was kinda funny, the TS guy emails me back with a manual for a U24 asking if I might have made a mistake as they don't have a U23. i sent him back picture of the Regency logo and the model and Ser # off the plate in side the insert ;)

I talked to Tony Schumacher at Regency & there are no ZC "cans" available for this unit.
If it's a DV unit, there never were any made.
The only ZC cans for inserts are made for the B-Vent units & are not retrofitable...

Status
Not open for further replies.