1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Zero Clerance advice?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by MeLikeUmFire, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeLikeUmFire

MeLikeUmFire Member

Loc:
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Trying to help me uncle out who lives in Georgia. He has a 2 story house with a Majestic ZC fireplace with the bifold glass doors. The chimney pipe is chased in a wood box on the exterior of his house. What insert options does he have to fit inside the Majestic? Does he have to replace the present piping? I searched the forum...but got even more confused. Thx

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. woodracerx

woodracerx New Member

Loc:
    Florissant,mo
    I do not know about a majestic.I had a older heatalator zc and I replaced it with a northstar zc had to replace flue pipe also.Most people here say older zc are not rated to put a insert in or not big enough.You would not believe the heat output and how much less wood you use with a new epa unit
  3. Elderthewelder

Elderthewelder Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Everett, Washington
    I have a small Majestic ZC fireplace with a chase on the outside of the house like you describe, i had a Country (Lennox) C160 Striker insert installed in it, it is the smallest insert Country makes, they also have a slightly larger one that they sell to be put into ZC fireplaces. You well need to run a 6" dia stainless steel liner from your insert flue opening all the way up the existing pipe/chase. The double glass doors on the Majestic well need to be removed, along with the damper and a few other items. I am sure there are a few other brands of inserts that can be installed in the ZC as well
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.