1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. blackdoglabrador

blackdoglabrador Member

Loc:
    Mt Holly, VT
    I just bought a tarm innova 30 and plan to have all the main piping as 1 1/4 inch dia copper as per the manufacturer diagram (attached). However the zone valve they sold me is a 1" dia honeywell zone valve. Should I be concern about putting in a small zone valve and flows? Should I return it and buy a larger 1 1/4 inch diameter taco or white rodgers zone valve?

Attached Files:

• tarm.jpg
      tarm.jpg
      File size:
      117.2 KB
      Views:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ewdudley

ewdudley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cayuga County NY
    Where does the zone valve show up in the schematic?
  3. Floydian

Floydian Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southwestern VA
    Hello and Welcome blackdoglabrador.

I'm guessing the zone valve in question is for your gravity overheat loop ?(B in the schematic). It shows this loop as 1" with an Automag ZV but maybe they sent you a Honeywell? In either case I believe it should be a "normally open" valve and only opens in the event of a power outage so you can dissipate heat from the boiler when the pump stops circulating.

I am not a heating pro, so take what I have said as such.

Good luck,
    Noah
  4. blackdoglabrador

blackdoglabrador Member

Loc:
    Mt Holly, VT
    I posted the wrong diagram, and in doing so realized that I can replaced the zone valve with a weighted check (and then use the zone valve they sent for my indirect dhw circuit). There was another diagram that should a zone valve before c-1 instead of a weighted check. So I will go with the weighted check as shown in this diagram.

http://woodboilers.com/admin/uploads/public/WoodBoilerPlumbingSchematic0111Web.pdf