Zones for Pros

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ewdudley

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2009
Cayuga County NY
Thought you all might enjoy a photo of nicely zoned install. The work of a true professional is indeed inspiring.

The mix temperature for each zone is individually controlled, and even if one pump fails at least the rest of the house will remain comfortable until the repairman can deal with the emergency.

Attachments

• circaholic.jpg
    circaholic.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 556
Beautiful work.
How big is the house?
Why so many zones.
Did you do the install?
Do you have any other pics?

Must have a monsterous electric bill !!

That is hard to do even from scratch! I done system or two with that many pumps, one of them wrapped around three sides of the room. House was 8,000 SQ ft. My guess is the low temp zones in the fore ground are piped to a pex manifold some where else. That helps keep the boiler room nice and clean. I am sure it works fine but with a lot of zones calling, with a P/S that first [in picture] zones is going to see some pretty cool water. Before some one else points it out, the HX on the floor is not in the preferred vertical position. I think that my electric bill goes up about a hundred bucks a month during the heating season. I think I currently have 19 pumps on my system. about half cycle on demand.

in hot water said:
On the wild side! a body shop owners system.

Love it, wish I could airbrush...

Status
Not open for further replies.