Work Done 2024

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This is the stack I worked on yesterday. It is form an outside pile. Moved under the overhang for next spring.
IMG_20240525_132921855_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240525_070933374_HDR.jpg

Working on the next row this morning before Church. Probably finish it tonight when it cools down
IMG_20240525_132937643_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240525_132941565_HDR.jpg

Need to start cutting for next year and the following year. I got behind. Been to busy working at work instead of home.

This is the stack I worked on yesterday. It is form an outside pile. Moved under the overhang for next spring.
Working on the next row this morning before Church. Probably finish it tonight when it cools down .

Need to start cutting for next year and the following year. I got behind. Been to busy working at work instead of home.
That's a great overhang/lean to. Must be nice to hve it full! I can relate re: not enough time off from work, to be home and work.
Tomorrow is a day off - but rain is forecast.

That will thankfully be changing come July. I asked to go part time, my employer complied. One of the 'Silver linings' of an older age,
along with the silver hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinesmoke
Today I spent time behind the push mower but I did get the whole lawn done. The birch in picture 4328 & 29 came down in the winter, the picture is dated 12/31/23. Since then we have a small pine that broke off over the birch in picture 4328 that is hung up, I'll get that first and then see if any of the birch is good, if not, we'll use it in the outside fireplace.

Work Done 2024

Work Done 2024

Reactions: MRD1985
Different work. I used Peel and Seal to re-cover the roof of my sunroom. (The roof is panels of aluminum sheet with 2-3" of cardboard honeycomb in between, and they started to deteriorate a bit.)
Rolls of 3 ft wide and 33.5 ft long. Had to cut around a roof window. Was quite the job. Yesterday from 3-7 pm, today from 10-3 pm. All done in time for the rain/storms tomorrow.

Today I removed a bunch of branches from the trails from the storm yesterday, I hooked up the trail mower and then did the trails around the house. I had a few more I was going to do but it needed gas, I let everything cool off while I had some lunch, I was almost done eating when the rains moved in so I put everything inside for the day.

The attached picture is the pine that is over the birch that's on the ground, hopefully the weather is nice enough tomorrow that I can take care of the pine and the birch.

Work Done 2024

Reactions: MRD1985
It sure was, although I lost track of time a little and over cooked my steak a bit 🤦🏻‍♂️
I've done that, the wife wasn't mad but she did give me that look. ;hm

Had a large limb snap off behind my house. The tree was a one of those where the two trees grow together at the trunk and it wedged into the crotch. Was able to get it out by cutting between the crotch on an angle. Have some more that is down will get to that soon and then fire up the splitter.

Work Done 2024

Reactions: thewoodlands
Lol that splitter and the pikaroon that I bought saved my life. Had to figure it out the hard way but once I upgraded my extention cord for the splitter it completly changed how much power it got.