Review of QuadraFire --- Mt. Vernon AE -- Freestanding Stove burning Wood Pellets
Installation Type: Pellet/Corn - new Pellet Vent Setup
Satisfaction Ratings from 5 stars (best) to 1 star (worst)
Satisfaction with unit = ✰✰✰✰
Satisfaction with dealer = ✰✰✰
Satisfaction with manufacturer = ✰✰✰✰
Other Information about the Home and Stove
Room Size (Sq ft): | House Size (Sq feet): 1800
Bought in 2010 , Price Paid: 3700
Location : Holmes, NY 12531, USA
Purchased from: Fireplace Retail Store - heatrevival.com
- Runs directly on 12V battery, this is very important for a pellet stove. If you don't have this your house fills with smoke and the heat stops when electrical power is lost. For our prior stove, we had an inverter, but those do not hold up and you need a lot more battery (lots of lost energy)
- reasonably quiet, very quiet on low, 12 V motors are high grade whisper type.
- has great thermostat that regulates the amount of heat output depending on needs, be see also CON
- fantastic self cleaning fuel pot, very smart design
- very small ashtray (one week max)
- Stove is only for people with strong backs! Cast iron plate that needs to be removed is akward, hard to handle.
- Thermostat should not turn stove off as soon as temp is reached but should stay on low for period of time. During turn off periods the perceived warmth in the house drops immediately, causing discomfort.
- You have to spend money on ash vac with brush options because ashes have to be vacuumed out weekly (can not be removed via ash tray)
- According to instructions, need to remove steel plate for montly fan cleaning. The screws that hold the plate will never last years of monthly removal. That shoudl be a quick removal system.
Own this stove for few months as our second pellet stove. Is a major improvement over our prior (old) whitfield on all counts.
Sorry, prior same entry had wrong model number
* Dates that reviews were submitted were not recorded prior to Nov. 2004