015av help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wdenton

Sep 15, 2011
MI
Hello

I have a Stihl 015av and the bar oiler is not working.

Let me start by saying I am not a mechanic by any means with chainsaws.

It was working and then stopped.
Do you think it could be the oil pump or the gear or what

I tool off the bar and cleaned the oil holes, bar and took off the clutch and cleaned around there but it still will not oil.

Any suggestions on what I should replace and a place to get the parts,
I called my local Stihl shop and he said he has no parts for the 015

Thanks in advance

015 was discontinued in the 70s...... Doesn't make it a bad saw, just old. Parts for saws that have been out of production for 35 years will be limited. For whatever you can't still get via your dealer, eBay and old saw carcasses are your best option. Good news for you is Stihl made quite a few of these units. Member here, Scotty Overkill, might be able to help as be still runs a couple 015s to this day and has a few parts saws to keep his running.

As far as diagnosing your current saw, have you tried running the saw with the bar and chain off, no clutch cover, and watch to we if oil comes from the ports on the saw? If not I would make sure the line and pickup in the tank are not kinked, clogged or otherwise compromised before diving into the oil pump/drive itself.

Thanks for the reply, I will try that tomorrow and see if the oil is coming out of the ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.