1 sawsman cord.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Anyone want to guess how many cords are here?

Attachments

• sawsman cord resize.jpg
    sawsman cord resize.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 517
I'm going with 8 cord, but regardless, that A LOT of wood - nice work Smokin'!

The rows are 21 ft long if that helps.

21ft long x 10 rowes 5 ft high some spots 5 1/2 ft high by 18in.

wood spliter said:
How about 12.5 cords

Thats what I came up with...

I can't tell how many rows that is, but i'm going with 8ish

Danno77 said:
I can't tell how many rows that is, but i'm going with 8ish

10 row 11 poles one row has 2 pole's...

wood spliter said:
It was almost like cheating when you gave me the measurements. LOL

lol I wanted to make sure my math was right.

smokinjay said:
wood spliter said:

gawd, don't make me do the math. what's that come out to, 11+ cords?

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
wood spliter said:

gawd, don't make me do the math. what's that come out to, 11+ cords?

smokinjay said:
oh, you mean like you just posted a few minutes ago? I swear I'm not an idiot, but you must have posted that while I was posting my guess. I happened to scroll up just now and saw it there......

That is a big ole pile of wood. Does it go right in that door and then get burned within 10 ft of it?

SolarAndWood said:
That is a big ole pile of wood. Does it go right in that door and then get burned within 10 ft of it?

yes it does.

Nice setup, I do the same thing.

I use that link for our piles. Comes in handy. I've been stacking my wood where every 8' in the pile is a cord. That way I can keep track of my usage.

That's pretty nice Jay. You stack them a bit higher than I do. I usually go 4.5' which will shrink down to 4'. One nice thing with stacking not so high is not so much concern with any tipping over when frost heave is a problem. Anyway, that represents a lot of work. You can be proud. You certainly outdid me this year.

Backwoods Savage said:
That's pretty nice Jay. You stack them a bit higher than I do. I usually go 4.5' which will shrink down to 4'. One nice thing with stacking not so high is not so much concern with any tipping over when frost heave is a problem. Anyway, that represents a lot of work. You can be proud. You certainly outdid me this year.

I could not get a post on that last row on the left side, so I took one out of your book to do that end...

Status
Not open for further replies.