10-CPM Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdempsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
kentucky
Ok folks im 95% complete on the install just need one more brace to mount on the upper portion of the pipe to keep things nice and sturdy. Also gotta tack the wire for the thermostat out of the way.

I know we had discussed running the vertical on the inside but after talking to the tech at Englander concerning another issue he said it would be fine doing the vert outside on a basement install as long as the clearances are met.

Now i need to cleanup this basement and get the rest of my pellets in and stacked (75 more bags for 3.25 tons). Also going to cut a few openings in the return duct on my heat pump, install the grills and test everything when i get a nice cold day.

Thanks for everyones help.

Attachments

• DSC00171.jpg
    DSC00171.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC00173.jpg
    DSC00173.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC00174.jpg
    DSC00174.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 464
  • DSC00175.jpg
    DSC00175.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC00176.jpg
    DSC00176.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 472
Say.... that's a nice looking stove! :D

What material is the outside of your house and how did it go making a hole through it?

The outside is block. I used a regular drill with a long 1/2 inch masonry bit. I drilled holes 1 inch apart around the circle i drew on the block. I then took a hamer and knocked it out. And used a cold chisel to touch up the inside. I then installed the thimble and filled the outside hole around the thimble with some concrete. Everything turned out nice.

And drilling it out was not as bad as i thought. Had no probs at all.

Looks great, nice clean install.
This is a stove i,ve been looking at as well.
Most here say Harman P-43 = $2800.00?
Or Quadrafire 1200 = $2500.00?
But i can save $1000 on what they say is a new 10-cpm from am-fm energy $1799.00.
Please post again soon when you fire it.

nhredbird said:
But i can save $1000 on what they say is a new 10-cpm from am-fm energy $1799.00.

I got this one from AMF off ebay. $1200 shipped to the door. It was a refurb. The date showed it was made in 2009. Looks new to me.
I had a prob with the handle not securing the door correctly. if you would barely brush against it the door would lose seal.

I called support and shot a video put on youtube and the tech let mike look at it. Mike made a new handle with a notch in it. I installed it and it works perfect now.

Dont think i need the hearthpad since it is on a concrete floor.

jdempsey said:
nhredbird said:

I got this one from AMF off ebay. $1200 shipped to the door. It was a refurb. The date showed it was made in 2009. Looks new to me.
I had a prob with the handle not securing the door correctly. if you would barely brush against it the door would lose seal.

I called support and shot a video put on youtube and the tech let mike look at it. Mike made a new handle with a notch in it. I installed it and it works perfect now.

There site shows the refurb. out of stock, but list it new for $1799.00
Still seems like a good deal.
As far as delivery, how long did it take after order to recieve it?
Did the trucking co. call before delivery?
I have a 3/4 ton pick-up, could I save the $50.00 and pick-up at the trucking co.?
Sorry so many questions i should call or just order it on-line?

jdempsey said:
The outside is block. I used a regular drill with a long 1/2 inch masonry bit. I drilled holes 1 inch apart around the circle i drew on the block. I then took a hamer and knocked it out. And used a cold chisel to touch up the inside. I then installed the thimble and filled the outside hole around the thimble with some concrete. Everything turned out nice.

And drilling it out was not as bad as i thought. Had no probs at all.

Awesome! Did you happen to take pics of the process you could post?

nhredbird said:
jdempsey said:
nhredbird said:

There site shows the refurb. out of stock, but list it new for $1799.00
Still seems like a good deal.
As far as delivery, how long did it take after order to recieve it?
Did the trucking co. call before delivery?
I have a 3/4 ton pick-up, could I save the $50.00 and pick-up at the trucking co.?
Sorry so many questions i should call or just order it on-line?

From the time payment was sent till i had the stove was about 10 days.

The trucking company did call. I live on a narrow one way street. I told them no way can you get a big rig in here. They put it on a smaller box truck and the guy lowered it to my driveway. He used a pallet jack to bring it around back to my basement door. Nice guy.

The black face plate of the thimble was sort of flimsy. I wanted it a bit more stiff. Me being an IT guy i have tons of junk pc cases. The black plate you see is actually from a dell dimension desktop. I cut it out with a jig saw and mounted it to the existing thimble facing. Then mounted that to the wall. Much more support now. Thats the thickest freaking wall ever. I had to extend the thimble with some heavy gauge black stove pipe to get it to reach all the way thru.

One other note. The guys at Englander are top notch. Ive called and worried them 3 or 4 times asking questions. They are always helpful and seem to know their stuff. I highly recommend them. I like to tear things apart and mess with contraptions so me working on my own stove suits me just fine. They walk you thru everything over the phone if you need help.

I should have taken pics of the process but i did not think to do so at the time. Iwas anxious to get it installed after waiting a couple weeks for some extra ordered pipe.

Looks Grear.Don't think your gonna have a problem with all those Pellets. There are a couple brands that have a very consistent Fiber product. With somersets making hardwood flooring, there product varies by little, to none at all. That is one pellet I think burns good in any stove. Also the Lig green labels are a good choice. I see no reason at all for you to be using much/if any Heating Fuel (LP, fuel oil, etc) this heating season.

That venting set-up is more than acceptable. By all means.

Congrats again and now that there are pics (meaning that it really happened)

Welcome to the club.

jdempsey said:
One other note. The guys at Englander are top notch. Ive called and worried them 3 or 4 times asking questions. They are always helpful and seem to know their stuff. I highly recommend them. I like to tear things apart and mess with contraptions so me working on my own stove suits me just fine. They walk you thru everything over the phone if you need help.....

This was one of the main reasons I bought my 10-CPM.....Customer Service that's second to none in the stove business.

Congrats on the install....can't wait to see burning pics!

On a side note, the "surge protector" I see connected to the stove looks to be one of those power strips.....almost worthless, IMO. Get something better. Min. 850-900 joules protection, protects all 3 legs, and fast clamping time as close to line voltage as possible. This is a good one that isn't too $$:

www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtSeriesID=825&txtModelID=3980

imacman said:
jdempsey said:
One other note. The guys at Englander are top notch. Ive called and worried them 3 or 4 times asking questions. They are always helpful and seem to know their stuff. I highly recommend them. I like to tear things apart and mess with contraptions so me working on my own stove suits me just fine. They walk you thru everything over the phone if you need help.....

This was one of the main reasons I bought my 10-CPM.....Customer Service that's second to none in the stove business.

On a side note, the "surge protector" I see connected to the stove looks to be one of those power strips.....almost worthless, IMO. Get something better. Min. 850-900 joules protection, protects all 3 legs, and fast clamping time as close to line voltage as possible. This is a good one that isn't too $$:

Does this triplite ultrablok use both plugs on a duplex receptacle? If so, does anyone know of a good surge protector that has two receptacles on the surge protector and plugs into only one receptacle? I have a half switched duplex receptacle behind my stove and still want to use the receptacle that is not switched for the stove and a laptop computer.

mepellet said:
imacman said:
jdempsey said:

Does this triplite ultrablok use both plugs on a duplex receptacle? If so, does anyone know of a good surge protector that has two receptacles on the surge protector and plugs into only one receptacle? I have a half switched duplex receptacle behind my stove and still want to use the receptacle that is not switched for the stove and a laptop computer.

i ordered the triplite ultra 4 for only $39 w. free shipping from amazon
http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=IVNxTvbIM5HI0AGOg-iWCg&ved=0CEEQ8wIwAQ

here is a link with more detail. i basically chose this one after reading threads here.
http://www.powersurge-protectors.co...-outlet-surge-protector-3330-joules-6ft-cord/

St_Earl said:
mepellet said:
imacman said:
jdempsey said:

i ordered the triplite ultra 4 for only $39 w. free shipping from amazon
http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=IVNxTvbIM5HI0AGOg-iWCg&ved=0CEEQ8wIwAQ

here is a link with more detailed specs
http://www.powersurge-protectors.co...-outlet-surge-protector-3330-joules-6ft-cord/

Does that have a 220v plug? The tripplite website says "(Use at 120V supported)" but I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Pulled the trigger this afternoon. Ordered from AM-FM what they say is New multi-fuel 49-TRCPM.
Hope to have in 10-days or less?
Will it come with an OAK kit?
Need to order wall or remote stat, haven't made up mind?
Will most likely run 4" flue, I'll have 12' ft. + - vert. rise outside.
Thanks for all the help, great site, lots of idea's, keep them coming.
Oh I Know = (No pictures it never happened!!!)

nhredbird said:
Pulled the trigger this afternoon. Ordered from AM-FM what they say is New multi-fuel 49-TRCPM.
You wont regret it. Yes it should come with an OAK kit. I ordered the wall stat. But i actually think i will be just setting the feed and blower speeds manually. I ran it this morn like that.

I will try it with the stat next go around and see which way i prefer. My flue is also 4". Good luck and post the pics when up an going.

Wow someone else with a split faced block home. Don't see too many of those. How well is yours insulated? Mine is only insulated in the ceiling and trying to heat it is a real chore. Keep us posted on how well it does.

jdempsey said:
nhredbird said:

ohh KOOL!!!!! nice putting a name with a fix. i dunno why the origional handle didnt want to seat right was my fault as it was my refurb, mea culpa my friend not sure how that got past me BTW it was a used stove but it was worked on by myself as well as one of my techs who did the cleanup, he does amazing work in making a stove that had been fired look like it never saw a pellet, anyway, i tried the "modified" handle on 3 different stoves and it "clunked" into place like it was meant to be. glad to see my "fix" is working as i figured it would. let me know if i or my staff can assist in the future

nhredbird said:

the stove will come with the "OAK" kit its standard with all ESW pellet and multifuel units. as for the t-stat , i like the remote better , its what i have in my home. the remote gives more flexability especially in setting the "drop" i run a 2 degree drop on mine , different stove but same principle, and she stays pretty stable , the wall stat doesnt allow this flexability.

BTW, thanks for choosing my product and welcome to the ESW family to both you and the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.