$100.00 Castile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryboymo

Feeling the Heat
Feb 24, 2010
W Central MO
I just heard about a 2006 Castile freestander for sale for 100.00. The owner ran it for a few months and the control board took a surge and blew the box. He cleaned the stove and moved it to the garage and never repaired it. He is going through a divorce and selling everything that isn't nailed down. I took a peek and the burnpot looks new, the inside of the stove still has paint with no rust and the 'firebrick' panels are still factory black with no discoloring. I asked if he was sure and he said 100.00 is plenty.

I handed him cash and ran before he could change his mind.

lucky bastard...lol

Wow..... Nice.

Lots of cheap stoves being bought today. Don2222 just picked up another stove. There is a $300 EF2 in Philly Pa, and now a $100 Quad!!

Lucky ;-P

it seems like new stoves are even coming down. ive seen several brands $1000 cheaper then last year, but i had a feeling the price was jacked up last year due to the tax incentive.

$100 dollar stoves ROCK! Late last season I picked up a St. Croix Afton Bay for $100.......................problem, you guessed it DIRTY.
I have not installed it yet in the man cave so it hasn't really happened, with the mild winter I haven't needed it. Will post pics when she's in.

DexterDay said:
Wow..... Nice.

Lots of cheap stoves being bought today. Don2222 just picked up another stove. There is a $300 EF2 in Philly Pa, and now a $100 Quad!!

Lucky ;-P

dex, You drooling? ;-)

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
Wow..... Nice.

Lucky ;-P

dex, You drooling? ;-)

Little Bit!!! :lol:

Well to make it run it will still close to a 400.00 stove but its has WAAAY less run time than my red version was and I thought 900 with pipe and pad was a steal. Of course brand new condition with no pipe or pad is still an awesome score. I did learn it is past time to replace my combustion fan cause I can spin mine and hear it like a bearing or bushing is dry. This stove was silent when I spun the fan on the back of the motor. I have to say best of all... it don't need any cleaning!.

wow thats a great price!

Great deal

A lot of stoves come up for sale for many reasons.

The dirty stove thing is one of the big ones.

Had a friend a while back that bought a used Pellet stove, not absolutely sure of the brand ???
The lady said it did not heat, he asked her if the fire was too small or ???
She replied it does not "Make a fire" Hmmmmmm, he paid the Lady $200 for the nearly new stove and took it home.

He called me up and I went over to help him check it out.

The stove looked like new other than a small amount of ash in the fire box.
The auger was completely empty.

The lady had told him that the stove was in the house when she bought the place new and it worked for one day and then quit.

My guess is that the stove had some pellets in it when she moved in and then when it ran out she did not understand that you have to fill the hopper.

So, my friend bought a near new stove for $200.

Snowy

wow! and I thought we got a hellava deal on our stove on Craigslist at $2000.

It came with all the venting, thermostat, hearth pad, cleaning tools, ash pan and more than 2 tons of pellets.

Snowy Rivers said:
Great deal

Had a friend a while back that bought a used Pellet stove, not absolutely sure of the brand ???
She replied it does not "Make a fire" Hmmmmmm, he paid the Lady $200 for the nearly new stove and took it home.

The lady had told him that the stove was in the house when she bought the place new and it worked for one day and then quit.

My guess is that the stove had some pellets in it when she moved in and then when it ran out she did not understand that you have to fill the hopper.

Snowy

OMG!

mfglickman said:
Snowy Rivers said:
Great deal

Snowy

OMG!

Oh, stuff like that isn't all that rare what's rare is folks who bother to find out about how to operate and care for the stoves, or for that matter a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.