10CPM three buttons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghandy131

Oct 14, 2011
Central MA
I need some help.
Just entering second season and I've just got to ask: There are three buttons on the side and I just can't figure out what the labeling means and what each button does.
First button - "Low Fuel Feed" what does this control and when should it be changed?
Middle button - "Low Burn Air" "
Last button - "Air on Temp" "

Last season I changed them periodically but had no idea what I was changing. I burned FS Ultras and Turmans. The Turmans were considerably hotter. This year it looks like Green Supreme and Turmans for the cold weather.
Any assistance will be truly appreciated.

They change the way the stove burns when it is on it lowest setting #1 feed rate. The low fuel feed changes the auger time. The low burn air changes the air and the low temp changes how hot the stove has to be for the room blower to kick on. It depends on when your stove was made as to what the manufatctorers recommended settings are (someone will chime in shortly) but you want the feed and air set so that it just maintaines the fire when on low setting #1. The Air on temp should be set to #1 These settings only affect the stove when it it on its lowest burn setting of #1

The bottom 3 buttons are a fuel and air trim for ALL settings on the newer models.

The factory settings are 4-1-1. The AOT should always be at 1. By turning it to 2, you shut the auger off on this model. The Low burn air should only be low enough to get a complete and clean burn. The feed is the same.

I would reset it back to factory settings and see what you got. If you want a little more heat, increase the LFF by 1 and wait an hour to take the adjustment. If you get an incomplete burn, lower the LFF or raise LBA.

What is your flue set-up? 3" or 4"? Whats the vent consist of (how many bends, how much vert, how much horizontal, is it venting into an old clay lined chimney, etc)??

Older models of Englanders, the bottom 3 buttons affected the #1 and #2 heat setting only. The new generation of stoves are all heat levels. Its best to find a good burn and leave it. For different pellets, it may need a slight tweak. But you want the air to only go as fast as it has to through the stove. To much air, to fast, and you get a clean burn, but throw all your heat out the flue..

I purchased the stove new in Oct. 2011. I have an OAK and the exhaust is 16" horiz. thru the wall and 7' vertical on the outside wall (didn't want to hit my head). 3" pipe. Professionally installed, as dictated by code, (I could have done a neater job).
Ok so I keep the 3rd button AOT at 1 at all times: The LBA (2nd button) regulates the amount of air blown into the burn pot and should be maintained as low as possible and the LFF regulates the auger speed and regulates the amount of pellets/minute that are dispersed into the pot.
I was getting clean burns last year all though when I tried some other pellets they would fill the burn pot and start backing up the shoot. I couldn't figure out what to do other than turn down the system.
Thank you for the help.

A pellet build up, means you need to lower the LFF or raise the LBA.

Either way, I would resort back to factory settings 4-1-1 (now I am second guessing and thinking its 1-4-1).

A search should bring up the bottom 3. Or hopefully imacman or Mike Holton will be along shortly.

I think factory is 1-4-1....at least my EP is....although I need to have mine set to 4/5-4-1, depending on the pellet, to get a good burn.....

Thanks all, I'll set them at 1-4-1 and experiment from there. Now that I have a grasp of what I will be affecting when I change the settings I should be able to minimize the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.