10x12 outbuilding for boiler and water storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much storage?

Well for my application (2100 sq ft in Tennessee) I have been informed that 500 gallons would be optimum and I would not need more than that. Of course any other opinions would be welcome .....if I do put this system in I do not want to make any mistakes with my decisions. Thx, RH

Storage size choice has too many considerations (of which many are discussed in forum) to go into in this thread. But, 500 gallons takes up 64 cubic feet. 8X4X2. Are u going to use the shed for anything else??

well in that case you need a smaller shed. ;)

Back up the bus!! Are you tellin' me people in TN have to HEAT their house??? :wow:

I would think solar would probably work there . . . I'd concentrate more on how to cool the place then worry about a few 'chilly' nights.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Back up the bus!! Are you tellin' me people in TN have to HEAT their house??? :wow:

I would think solar would probably work there . . . I'd concentrate more on how to cool the place then worry about a few 'chilly' nights.

Who said it was for heating a house ? The pool water might be a little chilly in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.