11 Year old Splitter & Today's Score + Flat Tire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hey all,
Rainy day today but still managed to go out and get two truck loads. Took my son out today for his first time and got a flat tire on the truck and had to get towed to a Walmart to get it fixed. Steep hill and no SPARE tire will do that. Thank God for Road Side assistance, the lovely Susi and Rory. After a very long April Fools day managed to get some wood home.

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 169
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 159
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 149
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 136
  • trie.JPG
    trie.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 131
  • g.JPG
    g.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 141
Ah yes, wood is never free!

Reactions: Realstone
Ah yes, wood is never free!
It's the days like that ,memories are made of,the perfect scenario days are soon forgotten,in the end you made it and looking back with your helper had fun.Plus a decent days work to show for it.

Hate those April fools pranks, especially when you pull them on yourself! Good score, I'm sure the boy enjoyed being out there with you!

Now make sure that young'un gets in with some of the fun times of burning it too.;) Maybe a small campfire and some marshmallows are in order.

Nice job of getting it done.

Now make sure that young'un gets in with some of the fun times of burning it too.;) Maybe a small campfire and some marshmallows are in order.

Nice job of getting it done.

Absolutely. He was talking about creating his own pile which he will use in the summer to make smores. He is getting excited about splitting and gathering.

Did he learn some new words when the tire went flat? ;lol

Did he learn some new words when the tire went flat? ;lol
Hahahaha. No I kept those in my head and under my breath. I tried to remain pretty calm, didn't want to alarm him since it was such a crappy day and we were about 25 minutes away from home.

Sucks about the tire. Nice that you two got out though.

Too bad about the tire but at least you got some wood and some help. Now you need to teach that child some better form for splitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.