12-13 done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sblat

Nov 3, 2010
Haslett, MI
Been working when weather has been good here and there and got everything finished up today. Pic 1 is 3 stacks 25'long x 5' high. Pic 2 is what I have left in rounds to get split to start working on 13-14. Trying to get next years completely done by June. Feels good!

Attachments

• IMAG0311.jpg
    IMAG0311.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 395
  • IMAG0312.jpg
    IMAG0312.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 403
Awesome! It truly is nice to get done early. I have about 10 face cords left from this season and I was out cutting all morning. Hopefully do some splitting during the week. I want 25 face cords c/s/s by Memorial Day. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Looks great sblat - what kind of wood you have in the stack for next year? Cheers!

Yeah, nice long stacks there. Looks good! What 'flavors' of wood in the pic? With our frequent small scrounges, we have a little of "everything under the sun".

sblat said:
Been working when weather has been good here and there and got everything finished up today. Pic 1 is 3 stacks 25'long x 5' high. Pic 2 is what I have left in rounds to get split to start working on 13-14. Trying to get next years completely done by June. Feels good!

Looks good sblat, keep on pounding out those splits.....you'll be done before June.

Nice work

Zap

Gark said:
Yeah, nice long stacks there. Looks good! What 'flavors' of wood in the pic? With our frequent small scrounges, we have a little of "everything under the sun".

I am just a little short of 4.5 cord in those stacks. Probably 4 of that is ash, rest is a mix of maple, cherry, and very little oak. I am very fortunate that I am able to cut in the winters at the local golf course, and have a buddy with almost 200 acres that I also get a good amount of wood from. The ash borer has given me lots of free wood.

Great that you are looking ahead sblat. Nice stacking job too. Now if you want to get really good, turn that splitter parallel to the pile of rounds and stand it up. Let the splitter stand while you sit. Goes much, much easier that way and I also think a bit faster.

I did have it vertical when splitting the big rounds. For the smaller stuff I find it just as easy or even faster to keep it horizontal. Love that splitter, just got it a few weeks ago and it is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.