$128 for Suburban Propane to remove their tank.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

armanidog

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2017
Northeast Georgia
Update: They just called and said the invoice was an error and I was actually getting a refund of $47.00. I was kind of mad and now I'm happy:)

Invoice 8/16/2023
Transportation Surcharge Fee
Remove Company Owned Above Ground Tank Ranging 252-500 Gal With
Connections
Parts $0.00
Labor $119.00
Transportation Surcharge $9.19

I was doing business with a local propane supplier here in Georgia. I have the original contract and it does not state anything about being charged for their above ground tank being removed.
Suburban Propane bought this company 3 years ago. But no new contract was ever mailed or sent via computer to me. The announcement just stated they would be supplying existing customers. The tank rental would continue. No new documents were announced. When I called to close out the account I was told someone would eventually pick up the tank. That was 2 months ago.

No answer using a phone so i sent an inquiry on their website.

Reactions: Lennox65
used to have suburban. no longer. they were adding a $10/delivery "training" fee. wouldn't remove it, so went with another service.

Last edited: