13-NC Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jp57

Apr 4, 2011
Moore Twsp., Pa
<div class="bbWrapper">Hi guys, I just joined this morning and was hoping someone could help me out or point me in the right direction. I&#039;ve been lurking for a few days doing some reading and finally needed to register to ask for some advice.<br /> <br /> I just recently purchased a slightly used 13-NC to replace a god-knows-how-old Franklin Olympic wood stove. We went to hook up the brand new 6&quot; black pipe that I bought and the pipe does not fit into the collar on the 13-NC. Am i just missing something here or is there a trick/other part needed to fit the pipe in? There is a label on the pipe that indicates the direction of the flow so I believe I&#039;m using the correct end and have it oriented properly.<br /> <br /> Thanks and please forgive if this information is already posted on here somewhere and I just missed it.</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">Just to make sure we cover the basics. The crimped (wrinkly) end of the pipe goes down into the collar. (is this single wall pipe, or double?)</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">It is single wall.<br /> <br /> And actually, the pipe does not have a crimped end. It is smooth, but does appear to be a bit tapered when compared to the other end. The name of the brand escapes me right now, I&#039;m at work and don&#039;t have the pipe with me.<br /> <br /> Could it be that I was given the wrong stuff? I went to a stove/fireplace store for the pipe, not a Depot or Lowe&#039;s to try to make sure that I get the correct stuff.</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">i&#039;ll let someone else respond, but it sounds to me like you have the wrong one. like a pipe with two female ends. I dunno. I don&#039;t remember seeing a 3ft+ section of pipe like that, though. usually 6&quot;-12&quot; when it&#039;s Male/Male like that.<br /> <br /> How long is this section of pipe?</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">It&#039;s a 24&quot; section of black pipe.<br /> <br /> I also have a slip connector too to make up the total height I need to reach the chimney opening.<br /> <br /> Thanks for the help. I&#039;d like to be able to go back to the store with some knowledge.</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">I may have a lot of posts, but don&#039;t mistake that for a lot of knowledge. Let someone else weigh in on this...</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">Looks like I just need to get a stove top adapter: &quot;AC-1677 Stovetop Adapter - For 6&quot; Pipe (2 lbs. each)&quot;.<br /> <br /> Can&#039;t believe that Englander wants $12.50 to ship a 2lb pipe of pipe. Oh well, the stove is useless with out it so might as well go and order it.</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">That&#039;s weird to me. I thought the 12 and the 13 were pretty much the same stoves. My 12 has the MALE (crimped) end of a 6&quot; pipe slid right down into it. I made cuts on opposite sides for the damper&#039;s rod, otherwise you can&#039;t slide the pipe down quite far enough.</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">Danno many of the 22 gauge welded seam single wall pipes don&#039;t have a crimped end on them.</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">Check with local stove shops and online. That AC-1677 Stovetop Adapter is actually just a Simpson Dura Vent 1677 stove top adapter and you might find one locally or somewhere online with cheaper shipping.<br /> <br /> Like here:<br /> <br /> <a href="http://www.ventingdirect.com/simpson-dura-vent-1677-6-single-wall-stovetop-adapter/p646315" target="_blank" class="link link--external" data-proxy-href="/talk/proxy.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ventingdirect.com%2Fsimpson-dura-vent-1677-6-single-wall-stovetop-adapter%2Fp646315&amp;hash=a6e99bc2191799e14bb23bb51fb76931" rel="noopener">http://www.ventingdirect.com/simpson-dura-vent-1677-6-single-wall-stovetop-adapter/p646315</a></div>

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote data-attributes="" data-quote="BrotherBart" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> BrotherBart said: </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent js-expandContent "> Danno many of the 22 gauge welded seam single wall pipes don&#039;t have a crimped end on them. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink js-expandLink"><a role="button" tabindex="0">Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>that&#039;s news to me. I went to menards and got what I needed and moved on with life, lol.</div>

Status
Not open for further replies.