Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) $145 a ton in Bumpass VA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PelletTodd

Feb 28, 2017
Warrenton, VA
There is a wood pellet factory in Bumpass Virginia. They sell three different kinds of Pellets:

Premier Pellets for $145 a ton. (They call these factory seconds apparently because their weighing machine was not precise enough and some 40 lb bags came out at 38 or 39 lbs.

Woodstixx. for $165 a ton. (These have labeling on them that make it look like they were produced at a now bankrupt pellet factory in Louisiana).

Trae Heat for $175 a ton.

I tried both the Premier and Woodstixx and would be happy to burn either but I think the Woodstixx had a little less ash.

The lady working the office at the pellet factory is Billie. Contact info is available on the website: http://traefuels.com/contact/

I called and spoke to Billie. The prices you quoted above are the Wholesale prices... you'd need to buy a truckload (22 pallets) to get that pricing.

Premier pellets are $180 per ton... (Factory Seconds as stated above).

WoodStixx for $205 a ton.

Trae Heat for $225 a ton.

Headed out there today to buy a ton of the Factory second Premiers. (Still better pricing than any of the stove dealers or big box stores)

Mal