-16.9C, 74F

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLigetfa

Minister of Fire
Nov 9, 2008
NW Ontario
Temp dropping like a rock outside but toasty warm inside.

Woodbox is full. Life is good.

I think he is trying to tell us that it`s 2F outside. Least that is how it looks on my dually thermomoter :lol:

LOL

Ja, my outdoor thermometer is celsius and returns one decimal place. -16.9C is 1.58F or 256.25 Kelvin. The indoor thermometer has no decimal place so we set it to fahrenheit.

Since Canadian weather reports in celsius (sans the decimal), it's easier not converting all the time but it's too coarse a scale without decimal places so we use fahrenheit indoors.

Ummmm....that is way too friggin' COLD! I didn't think you guys way up there in Canada used thermometers!!? I heard you guys just throw cups of water out the window and time how long it takes to for the ice to hit the pavement!!? ;-P (Just kidding)
I imagine you guys up there in Canada go through 10-12 cord of wood a season?

Kev

njkev said:
Ummmm....that is way too friggin' COLD! I didn't think you guys way up there in Canada used thermometers!!? I heard you guys just throw cups of water out the window and time how long it takes to for the ice to hit the pavement!!? ;-P (Just kidding)
I imagine you guys up there in Canada go through 10-12 cord of wood a season?

Kev

No, we actually insulate our homes. There is no 100 year old colonial homes here. Wall tents maybe. :p Happy winter
N of 60

Status
Not open for further replies.