17 y.o. Hearthstone for $150!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen

There are some who call me...mod.
Staff member
Aug 2, 2007
N.E. Penna
I had a buddy write me the other day who said he needed to get his 17 year old hearthstone out of his way for some renovations and doesn't want it anymore. I have no idea about what model (whether it is stone or cast, it's been 10 -12 years since I've seen it and I just don't remember) I do know it was used as the houses primary heat until about 5 years ago when a job move further from home made it too difficult to use consistently so it went cold and has sat since.

Anyway, he said he wants 150 bux for it. I'll know more once I see it in a day or two. I can't see how I can go wrong so long as it isn't cracked into two halves but that is just my guess considering the brand name.

What are your opinions on early 90's hearthstones in general? Still easy to get replacement parts if needed? How are they to rebuild? Any thoughts at all would be great.

Thanks,

pen

It's like someone telling me they have a 63 Vette they want to get rid of for $500. You just buy it, even if you just end up with a fender and steering wheel.

thanks, for the replies. I'll post pics if the weather cooperates and I can check it out in the next day or two.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.