$1800 for wood stove installation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emt1581

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2010
PA
I did some calling around today for installation quotes and really they were all similar. The cheapest I got was around $1800 for the pipe, liner/insulation/mesh, thimble, delivery and labor... that sound good/average?

I know there are different levels of quality with liners but this is for middle of the road quality if that's absolutely needed to judge price.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

The ones I know of done in the last year around here in Virginia went for twelve to fourteen hundred. Of course you don't say how long that liner needs to be or if it is six or eight inch. And the ones I know of were just the liner install. If they have to lug the stove out there and are responsible for the total installation eighteen sounds about right.

emt1581 said:
I did some calling around today for installation quotes and really they were all similar. The cheapest I got was around $1800 for the pipe, liner/insulation/mesh, thimble, delivery and labor... that sound good/average?

I know there are different levels of quality with liners but this is for middle of the road quality if that's absolutely needed to judge price.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Sounds about right to me. The Vigilant ran me $1600 for the install, the Intrepid ran me about $1800. The Heritage will run me $2400 but that will include some chimney work along with double wall pipe and insulation.

I did mine on my own and had 1200+ wrapped up in the pipe/liner/insulation. That was for a 30' 5.5" flex liner and double wall stove pipe. I'd say that's not bad at all, of course things could get more expensive when they dive into it. :)

I also did my own, cost me $632 for a 20ft Flex King Pro liner with insulation plus I had to replace a couple top flue tiles which ran another $32, then $10 tube of high temp silicon. I got a quote for $1,300 just for the labor, that alone pursuaded me to take the time to do it myself, took me about 4 hours.

That's just a bit less than what I paid with some chimney repair as part of the deal.

About what I paid for mine.

Sure I could have done it myself, but they were in and out and fire in my stove in under 3hrs. I would have taken a whole weekend more than likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.