1881 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
HERE THEY ARE Yea I know terrible pics and stove is dirty..Fired it up about 10 years ago.

IMG_20210901_090637.jpg IMG_20210901_090748.jpg IMG_20210901_090812.jpg

I don't know anything about that particular stove but it's clearly a tiny coal fired cook stove with lots of clearance issues

Reactions: D. Hermit
We love it even with the 11" firebox on top..Cole shaker on bottom was cut off so we just used the top,,,, 1 hour to cook bread,,,Wanted to know and wanted someone that loved it to have it....Charles Richard East

Looks like a small house or camp cookstove. Here is some background info on the Orr, Painter foundry. They also made letter mailboxes for cities, like NYC. It became incorporated into the well known Reading Stove Works in 1886.

Looks like a small house or camp cookstove. Here is some background info on the Orr, Painter foundry. They also made letter mailboxes for cities, like NYC. It became incorporated into the well known Reading Stove Works in 1886.
Thanks for your effort ...It was a play toy for the living room. Everyone that saw it, loved it... I think I will take it to a flee market and wait for someone in their 50's that seems passionate and give it to them.... Charles Richard East