1904 Badger stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aries339

Dec 22, 2010
Chicago Area
Hi everyone - I was just curious if anyone knows what this might be worth. I found it at an antiques auction.

Thanks!

Attachments

• badger stove.jpg
    badger stove.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 341
  • badger stove 2.jpg
    badger stove 2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 276
Wow, what a beautie. Not sure for a cost though. Makes a nice conversation piece though.

Nice stove...not sure on price though. What documentation do you have showing what was restored and how? The only reason I'm asking, it the top photo-it looks like it was just cleaned and repainted. There is either pitting or old paint under that red. I'm sure it wasn't 100% smooth originally, but that looks like a lipstick job to me. I'd want to know if it was high temp paint if it was going to be sold as "restored" since that could lead to it being used. If being sold as decorative, that wouldn't matter as much-although the actual quality of the resto would effect final price, imo. Interior pics would also be good, to see if there is rusting, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.