197,210 cords!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red oak

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2011
northwest Virginia
Decided to measure my woodstacks today and calculate the number of cords I have for this winter. I measured the width, length, and height and divided by 128. Came out to 197,210 cords! Super excited, I was just about to log onto the forum and inform Backwoods Savage that I was finally 3 years ahead and tell Scotty Overkill that I have almost as much wood as he does! Then I realized I had actually multiplied by 128 instead of divided. So the new total is just about 13 cords. The good news is that still puts me (I think) 3 years ahead (2.5 at the very least). Plan to add a baffle to the woodstove in the coming weeks so hopefully that will cut the wood usage down also.

If the windstorm hits that is expected for tomorrow you will have more fodder for the wood stacks.

Decided to measure my woodstacks today and calculate the number of cords I have for this winter. I measured the width, length, and height and divided by 128. Came out to 197,210 cords! Super excited, I was just about to log onto the forum and inform Backwoods Savage that I was finally 3 years ahead and tell Scotty Overkill that I have almost as much wood as he does! Then I realized I had actually multiplied by 128 instead of divided. So the new total is just about 13 cords. The good news is that still puts me (I think) 3 years ahead (2.5 at the very least). Plan to add a baffle to the woodstove in the coming weeks so hopefully that will cut the wood usage down also.

Hehehehhe, that's funny. A C

If the windstorm hits that is expected for tomorrow you will have more fodder for the wood stacks.

Gonna be interesting. Have a few hangers out in the woods I hope get knocked down.

Congrats on getting ahead, redoak!

Heck if you had that much cordwood, Red Oak, you'd have to find an alternative use for it.......maybe build a whole development of houses like this! HERE YA GO!

Northern%20Wisconsin%20%20%20FB.jpg

or maybe build a fleet of trucks like this!!

cordwood tractor trailer.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordwood_construction

That is still a respectable amount of wood! 13 cord is 13 cord. How many other people in your area have that much ready to go? I'm betting not a whole lot, if any. Backwoods Savage will be proud of ya, I know I am!

Reactions: amateur cutter

Cheesus, glad you caught it before Scotty and BS headed back to the woods:cool:

Reactions: Lewiston and ScotO
That is still a respectable amount of wood! 13 cord is 13 cord. How many other people in your area have that much ready to go? I'm betting not a whole lot, if any. Backwoods Savage will be proud of ya, I know I am!

Thanks Scotty! Each year I try to cut a cord or 2 more than I burn to keep getting a bit further ahead. By the time I'm 80 I should be set! Those pics are unreal by the way, especially the truck! Cordwood has more uses than I thought!

Reactions: ScotO
Thanks Scotty! Each year I try to cut a cord or 2 more than I burn to keep getting a bit further ahead. By the time I'm 80 I should be set! Those pics are unreal by the way, especially the truck! Cordwood has more uses than I thought!
By the time you turn 80 you will be using gas, most of it your own:p

Ya your bean bill will go way up to supply enough methane for the saw.

13...unlucky...better cut some more...make it lucky... like 21. That's another 2 years supply. Good Job.
:cool:

Reactions: Blue2ndaries

;lol

Danged calculators.... Happy to hear you have that much wood red oak. You'll really like the results and from here on out you have to put up only one year's supply every year.

Scott came up with some nice pictures.

Cool pics Scotty . . . haven't seen those before.

Red Oak . . . 13 cords is still nothing to sneeze at . . . but now you've got a goal . . . only 197,197 more cords to go. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.