1977 Vermont Casting Vigilant oval to round pipe question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2012
hi all, i have a 1977 Vermont Casting Vigilant that i need to get a pipe for the stove top oval to 7" round. do they make that pipe? and where do i find it?

The Vig was made for an 8 inch pipe. A seven might work but I'm not sure where you'll find an adapter.

The Vig was made for an 8 inch pipe. A seven might work but I'm not sure where you'll find an adapter.

i have use this stove with a 7" pipe for a few years now and works well.. reason i need it to be a 7" pipe cause of the flue going through the wall to the block chimney is 7"... i had made a oval to round pipe to go in to the 7" pipe with a damper then a 90 to heasd out the wall but i wanted to change the oval pipe cause of it was getting unsafe so if i could find a place to buy the oval to round 8" and then add a 8" to 7" adapter then rund the 7" pipe with damper to the 90 then about 2 foot long 7" pipe out the flu in the wall that should work... so my problem is finding the oval to round flu pipe that goes on the stove.. cant find it anywhere around here...

just google "wood stove pipe 8" oval to round" and you will find it all. Single, double, etc... First one I found was $37. If you just need single wall, easy to make yourself...

Hey, I might have found your VC oval to 7' round!
http://www.buy.com/prod/elmer-s-22g...et-12-high/236560653.html?listingId=235450289
Elmer's 22g Black Vermont Casting Oval to 7'' Round (Offset 12'' High) Oval end is crimped 9-3/4'' X 5-3/8'' approximately.
Is your measurement of 10 3/4" accurate or a guess? Hope this helps...

thanks for helping but the 9 3/4 would be to small.... the oval end is 10 1/2 x 5 3/4, if there is no 7" on the round end then i can use the the 8" round

Status
Not open for further replies.