1st Time Since Early October I Didn't Stoke The Fire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireWalker

Feeling the Heat
Aug 7, 2008
Lake George
Warm up here today! I'd like to say I let the fire burn out from last night but................................I bet it's still alive. I'll be home at 6:00 this evening, I have a deeper ash bed than usual so I bet there will be some life in there. :cheese:

I ahvent had a fire since Sunday and dont plan on having one until weekend.. savign the remainder of the wood till cold snap again..i.e. daytime in the teens, night in single digits

I will have to knock the chill off in the morning and go back to burning tomorrow night. Fifties and lower don't leave a choice when there is no alternate heat source and it is overcast or raining.

I let mine die out this AM. We made it to 61 degrees today :) Just loaded a firebrick and some small rounds to get her going for the overnight. Most likely same deal on Thursday, but that's it as cold air is returning for at least the next 10 days :-(

FireWalker said:
Warm up here today! I'd like to say I let the fire burn out from last night but................................I bet it's still alive. I'll be home at 6:00 this evening, I have a deeper ash bed than usual so I bet there will be some life in there. :cheese:

Nope, it was out and the stove was cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.